Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2002, 05:53 PM   #11
SecretMaster
Apophis

Druids rock, and thats it. And their elemental shapeshift is so handy. Its like having a fighter right there.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #12
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Another Druid question for you guys.

I have the spell 'Static Charge' but so far I can't make it work to order. The instructions aren't too clear - do I prime the charge and then approach the target, or what? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
When you cast this spell it will proceed to go off once per turn for as many turn as you have druid levels. The spell can be stacked so if you have 10 static charge spells and cast them one after the other they will go off virtually every round (10 rounds to a turn). At higher levels thay also do severe amounts of damage.

Your druidmust be within a certain distance of an enemy for the damage to be done. If there is no enemy in range the spell will remain in force but the damage for that turn will just dissipate.

Finally, and in my opinion the best thing about the spell, it is passive. That means your druid can fight, shapeshift or cast other spells without losing the static charge. It also means that it won't affect any concealment such as invisibilty that the druid has. An invisible druid with static shock can turn a difficult battle into a total walkover, so use with care.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:35 AM   #13
Sir Moosington
Dungeon Master

One more thing. Although the affected creature would appear to be random, static shock always damages the creature farthest away within its area effect. Only when two or more creatures are the same distance away does it become random.

Cheers.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:42 PM   #14
Midget Gems

Thanks, Sir M. - there's no way I would have figured all that out from the discription on the scroll. As long as it keeps damaging the bad guys and leaves my team alone, then I guess it's OK to put up with the inaccurate aiming.

PS - on the subject of Call Lightning, I managed to kill an enemy with it in Kalduhar (after Dragons Eye) so now only a couple of chapters to wait before I can use it again!