Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

id like to talk about most of the very, very similar bands with their songs(Creed, Staind, Slipknot, Linkin Park, P.O.D., Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Puddle of Mud and others) kinda suck. bands should come up with something new!
i think this main stream was first started by Limp Bizkit. they were cool fellas, their music was awesome and popular. then came all the clones. i used to be a Bizkit and KoRn fan but later, KoRn got a bit old, my music taste changed and i listen to it alot less now. Limp Bizkit, on the other hand, changed their music a bit and their songs were becoming sucky. I lost my faith totally when i heard that Bizkits most coolest member, Wes Borland(ya know! the guy who always paints his face and mostly wears a black coat), left the band.

anyway, the bands i do like is stuff like System of a Down(i think their music is somewhat diffirent), Queens of the Stone Age(very wierd and sick band totally diffirent!) and Muse(ok, they also kinda belong to the main stream but i still love em [img]smile.gif[/img] )

tell me what do you think
Old 05-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well actually, Korn were around a hell of a lot longer than Limp Bizkit, and some of those others that you mentioned but I don't really mind since I absolutely detest rap/rock.
Agree with you on SOAD though, they're very different and I like their music, but my heart's still with metal music.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:48 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

Hmmmm,

I'm a punker, bit of a metalhead and a ska-DUDE!

Punk music has to be my favourite, old skool stuff like Old Green Day and Old Blink, and also the new pop-punk breed like Sum41, new Blink, New Found Glory, bands like this. I go too alot of concerts, seeing as many bands as I can.

I also like ska, such as Less Than Jake (got tickets!!), Reel Big Fish (seen) and punk-ska bands like Millencolin (seen) and Goldfinger.

Then there is metal, S.O.A.D, Slipknot, Mudvayne. Not too keen (except System)....

Don't mind Nu-metal though, with Linkin Park, Taproot, Papa Roach (they've dropped the hip-hop) and bands like this....Too many too mention.

But I don't think bands are doing the same thing...they do fit in similar kinds of genres......

I. E - New Found Glory and Sum41, to an extent, their music sounds similar, but to a fan, totally different. Same with all bands, they don't sound the same unless they ARE VERY MUCH THE SAME.....if you follow.

Never liked Korn though....

Check out my Green Day site at http://www.gduk.net

[ 05-24-2002, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 05-24-2002, 03:39 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

go to www.mp3.com and do a search for a band named "the Shizit"

Download some of their songs

now that is new, original, and out of this world content [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

uss - I'm afraid most of what's happened musically since about 1992 has kinda passed me by. I like old metal.

Lavi - just one thing to say to you, ya ska freak .....

ONE STEP BEYOND.....

[ 05-24-2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 05-24-2002, 05:51 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
and punk-ska bands like Millencolin (seen)

Millencolin = punkska? I don't really agree with that... They're one of the best punk (rock) bands around, no doubt about that, but there isn't that much ska in their music...

[ 05-24-2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 05-24-2002, 05:54 PM   #7
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Well actually, Korn were around a hell of a lot longer than Limp Bizkit, and some of those others that you mentioned but I don't really mind since I absolutely detest rap/rock.
True. KoRn didn't really invent the crossover genre either though, there were much earlier co-operations (Aerosmith and Run DMC) and a dutch band called Urban Dance Squad that started at the end of the eighties who created the basis for the crossover genre.
And as for KoRn: they have an annoying tendency to recycle the same riff over and over again in practically all of our songs. I've given up on them a loooong time ago already, never really thought they were that interesting in the first place.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:43 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
buy some u2 cd's dude, no one can clone them, no way.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #9
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

all this talk of korn and system of a down has me looking for knitting needles to put in my ears. ALL of that rap/rock fusion crap was played out in the 80's by urban dance squad and the whole Anthrax&Public Enemy collaboration. IMNSHO if bands were a little more original there wouldnt be sooooo much weak garbage music floating around. THen again , I am into decidedly NON mainstream music. Mostly industrial,electro and power noize!! Bands like suicide commando,KMFDM,Nitzer Ebb,Covenant and 18 summers. GOOD MUSIC IS OUT THERE , YOU JUST NEED TO LOOK!!!