Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Basic info:
I'm a level 12 Rouge, and after I clear Charwood I'll be ready to move on to the Locked City (I already have enough info to go there, but I want to finish Charwood). I completed all the henchmen quests in Chapter 1.

Reagents:
I read in the other post called "Chapter 2 questions" that these are used in Port Llast. For a Rouge, is this the only place they're used... to see Eltoora's Store? Because I'm a Rouge I can't use the Wizards Chest (or whatever it's called). Will I need any later or can I get rid of them?
So far I have: Gargoyle Skulls, Quartz, Ettercap's Silk Gland's, Fenberries, Fairy Dust, Slaad's Tongue's, Bodak's Teeth, Skeleton's Knuckle's, Dragon Blood, Special Holy Water, and Fire Beetle's Bellies.
Some of these were used last level to make stuff, but so far I haven't found any use for them in chapter 2. So should I hang onto some of them, will they come in handy later?

Henchmen:
I finished all the henchmen quests in chapter 1, so they're all telling me the next sections of their stories. I've gotten and finished the quests for three of them (Tomi, Linu, and Boddyknock), but the other three just keep telling me they don't want to talk about it (come back at a higher level). So do they have quests in chapter 2, or are theirs not completed till chapter 3? Since I've gotten the quests from some of them, I don't think the problem is level based, and since I finished the quests in chapter 1, I don't think it's because they don't trust me...

Random stuff in my inventory:
-I picked up a Corpse Hand in the Graveyard (I think). Does it do anything? (It looks like a Glove).
-Is there anyway around Lenton's bug? So I can give him this Troll Head?
-Is the Empty Bottle just a weird little thing they threw in the game or does it do something?

Thanks for any help!
H

(edit)
Level:
I'm level 12. It's chapter 2. Is this normal? Is there a cap on XP at level 20 (like in Baldur's Gate, where you can't gain more), or do you just keep gaining levels, but the "special level-up bonus'" just stop?

[ 05-26-2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Halbarad1891 ]
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

all i can help you with is the items, no, you do not need them but IIRC you can use them to make the wands, even as a rouge, since the have some powers, might be wrong though
Old 05-27-2004, 03:43 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

Hi Halbarad1891, I'm in chapter 2 as well. I've found no use for those Reagents, but as a fighter I didn't expect to.
The glove think I believe is a quest item for the Monk Henchmen. If you level up before moving onto the next chapter he should talk to you.
Not sure about the levels, all I can remember is that when I got to port Last I was level 8.
And I think that level 20 is the max level in the OC. With the expansions you can go higher.
Oh can't remember about the bottle.
Good luck

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

When you get to chapter 3, you can use the reagents to make things... i shall say no more, lest I spoil.
EDIT: i never found a use for teh bottle: i think it is like the penguins and teh fish: it has no real use.

[ 05-27-2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

the bottles can only be used by clerics found that out during a reading of something in the castle
Old 05-28-2004, 06:34 PM   #6
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Thanks for the info. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm still having problems with Grimgnaw's quest.
I've finished all the other henchmen quests except his. He just won't advance his story any further. When i click to talk to him, the only options I get are "Do you have any advice about my adventure?" (which doesn't do anything) and "Nevermind". His quest is still in my Journal, I still have the zombie hand, and I'm still level 12.
Just to make sure, I cheated myself up to level 19 (using a different save file), but he still wouldn't talk. So it's not level dependant.
Maybe it's just some obscure bug or something... I guess it doesn't matter too much, I've never used the pendant he gave me, and I doubt I'd use any future item... If no one has any advice I'll probably just move on to Lusken... crap.

Either way, thanks for the help.

[ 05-28-2004, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Halbarad1891 ]
Old 06-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #7
motub
The Magister

#1: The empty bottles can be used to make potions with a machine you can find later. I can accept that there might be a cleric limitation, as I'm not at chap 3 yet (and I am a cleric anyway).

#2: You should be able to make some stuff at Eltoona's even if you're a Rogue, as long as you have some points in "Use Magic Device" (I'm also a Rogue, but I haven't tried to make anything there yet). A few points in Use Magic Device has certainly let me cast Wizard/Sorceror spell scrolls, and use rods and staffs that I've found (or killed for ) along the way, so I assume that I will be able to make stuff at Eltoona's when I get around to it.

#3: The Fairy Dust, Dragon's Blood, Gargoyle Skulls, and Special Holy Water will be useful in the same way in Chapter 3 as they were in Chapter 1 (but the usage will cost more in Chapter 3 and will produce better results). If you missed the use for these items in Chapter 1, I'm not going to spoil either, but maybe it will be even easier to discover this in Chapter 3.

#4: I've gotta say, the Grimgnaw thing sounds very much like you completed the quest (at least that's when you get all quest-related conversation options removed from the dialogs). I assume that something has gone wrong if you still have the hand.

The only thing I can think of (other than a bug, obviously), is that you did something for an alternate quest that disabled giving the Hand to Grimgnaw. Let me explain.... I thought I would be clever and try to get money from Gilles in chapter 1, then kill him, take the stuff back and give it to Oleff (I'm lawful neutral and I didn't want a barrowfull of points in either good or evil, or at least I wanted them in both, as I really want to avoid winding up lawful good [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

This worked, insofar as I was able to kill Gilles before he disappeared and get the Tomb items back... but Oleff would not accept them. My journal had been updated with each sale to Gilles, and the item removed from Oleff's list of available items to receive (he "hears that the item has fallen into the hands of evil").

So did you do something like that? I haven't gotten to any area where the Mummy Hand might be (I know generally where it's likely to be) so I haven't seen any alternate requests for it as yet. Or is the quest really completed (it would still appear in the Journal, but under the Completed Quests tab, and you would have the upgraded Amulet of the Long Death-- +2, I guess)? There are a couple of quests that I've seen so far where you get stuck with a useless item despite having completed the quest in question (Torin's Ring, Meldanen's Tooth)-- maybe this is such a situation (though I'd really think that he'd take the Hand).

[ 06-02-2004, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: motub ]
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #8
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Nope, the quest hasn't been completed. The quest was still listed under the "to do" tab, and I still had the un-upgraded amulet. As far as I know I didn't do anything to disable or void his quest, and I haven't come across anything that uses or talks about the mummy hand. But I've given up hope of competing the quest and moved on, I'm now in Lusken. When I entered Lusken, my journal cleared and I lost all quest items from the first part of chapter two. So I don't even have the hand any more. But because I didn't complete the quest, Grimgnaw won't continue his story... so I guess I've lost out on that for the rest of the game Oh well. The ending of chapter two is proving to be very interesting though.

I did find the guy who makes things in chapter one. I made a lot of money off of him
I tried to do that with Gilles too, but I was never able to kill him before he left, so i just gave them to Oleff.
Thanks!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:06 PM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

were you able to get round the Lenton bug? I've just finished the creator level, but I could not even get to talk to Lenton to get the quest to bring the head back! Most annoying.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #10
Halbarad1891
The Magister

Nope. I just skipped it.
Sorry.