Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 06:17 AM   #11
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Yeah I recentley purchased Bryce 5. It's pretty kewl [img]smile.gif[/img] !
Hey /)eath how come when I crop an image it just makes a square around the image
Old 05-06-2002, 07:41 AM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

You know the "Crop" tool in bryce is designed for RE-Rendering a part of an image, its not for taking a chunk out of the picture [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I recomend you import your bryce files into a proffesional 2-D art tool for cropping such things as mountians and sunsts as well as putting things on them, if your real lazy you can always click on the tool that looks like DaVinci's ADAM (you know with the 4 arms) he's good for 2 D things in bryce but you have to know how to make a Black and White Crop, ill show you the steps later i g2g to class
Old 05-09-2002, 06:53 AM   #13
GokuZool
Lord Ao

What I meant about the cropping is that when I'm in PSP 7 and go to crop it just makes a freakin square around the picture [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] What do I do?

Oh yeah /)eath do you know some good sites for basic Bryce tutorials. I know quite a bit about some stuff but hardly anything about other stuff.

Thanx,
Old 05-09-2002, 03:01 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

You don't think we can mimick a human being with a 3d programs yet? I beg to differ. Did you see Final Fantasy?

Poser isn't quite that good, but it is pretty damn impressive. Especially when used with a different rendering engine.

Personally I have no interest in Manga. I honestly don't think it works well with bryce because bryce creates 3d worlds and landscapes that you superimpose 2d characters over. They kind of clash. I am pretty sure you can get manga characters for poser and then you could render them all in the same engine to get accurate lighting and what not.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-09-2002, 08:05 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
You don't think we can mimick a human being with a 3d programs yet? I beg to differ. Did you see Final Fantasy?
Final Fantasy Took hundreds of man hours and hundreds of men, not just a single person, plus they still weren't realistic enough for my tastes -_-... they had to use motion capture for most of the movement anyway, besides Manga is still a popular 2D form to overlay onto 3D, AND NO i don't just Crop Copy and Paste, to be quite honest I stick the 2D ccharacter into the 3D world like 3D objects only they're flat, and by doing that, light affects them in the 3D plain [img]smile.gif[/img] it requires the use of Bryces "ADAM" tool which is in the top right corner, if used in unison with a 2D art tool, you can do, pretty much, anything
Old 05-09-2002, 08:23 PM   #16
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Final Fantasy Took hundreds of man hours and hundreds of men, not just a single person, plus they still weren't realistic enough for my tastes -_-... they had to use motion capture for most of the movement anyway, besides Manga is still a popular 2D form to overlay onto 3D, AND NO i don't just Crop Copy and Paste, to be quite honest I stick the 2D ccharacter into the 3D world like 3D objects only they're flat, and by doing that, light affects them in the 3D plain [img]smile.gif[/img] it requires the use of Bryces "ADAM" tool which is in the top right corner, if used in unison with a 2D art tool, you can do, pretty much, anything [/QUOTE]Believe me I know how to import 2d objects into bryce.

Of course final fantasy took forever to render. It is extremely high resolution video. I'm simply arguing that if you know how to use poser properly, you can make a very convincing person and set them in a realistic 3d environment. 2d objects in bryce are hardly affected by lighting when compared to a 3d object in bryce.

Have you ever used any other rendering proggies? Lightwave, 3ds Max?

Here are a few sigs I've done for people over the years. They are all 100% original.

If these kill you modem people, just let me know and I'll pull them.

[ 05-09-2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: MILAMBER ]
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

I have 3d Studio, although I'm taking a break from it for a while. But one thing I hate about Bryce is how bbbbbbllloooooooddddyyyyy long it takes to render. I know my computer is slow but I tried it on a fairly new 1200mhz, 256mb intel computer and it took 6 minutes to render a fairly small picture... that is not good. it took the same computer 90 seconds to render another very complex scenein 3d max that had particles and
Old 05-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #18
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I have 3d Studio, although I'm taking a break from it for a while. But one thing I hate about Bryce is how bbbbbbllloooooooddddyyyyy long it takes to render. I know my computer is slow but I tried it on a fairly new 1200mhz, 256mb intel computer and it took 6 minutes to render a fairly small picture... that is not good. it took the same computer 90 seconds to render another very complex scenein 3d max that had particles and
Actually it renders pretty fast comparitively speaking. It really depends on how many reflective surfaces you have. Trees also really slow your render down.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:22 AM   #19
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Here are a few sigs I've done for people over the years.
Hey MILAMBER what program did you use to make that 3D writing in the first and second sig pics? I know you can use Bryce to make 3D writing..did you? And on the last sig did you make that wolf or did you just get it from the net and stick it on a Bryce backround?

Do any of you know a good site which has basic Bryce 5 tutorials? As I explained before..I'm alright at some stuff but don't have a clue at other stuff.

Oh yeah look at this pic. I stuffed up something in Bryce but it turned out to look really cool and freaky! [img]smile.gif[/img] You decide what it is! I reckon the sky looks like chocolate milk [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2002, 12:45 PM   #20
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
quote:
Here are a few sigs I've done for people over the years.
Hey MILAMBER what program did you use to make that 3D writing in the first and second sig pics? I know you can use Bryce to make 3D writing..did you? And on the last sig did you make that wolf or did you just get it from the net and stick it on a Bryce backround?

Do any of you know a good site which has basic Bryce 5 tutorials? As I explained before..I'm alright at some stuff but don't have a clue at other stuff.

Oh yeah look at this pic. I stuffed up something in Bryce but it turned out to look really cool and freaky! [img]smile.gif[/img] You decide what it is! I reckon the sky looks like chocolate milk [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]That's a pretty cool picture! I love how the sky is reflective.

Anyways, for the text, I believe I used the Chrome filter in Eye Candy 4000 for photoshop. All of the figures, the knights, dragon, and wolf are completely original and created in poser. The wolf was a character in Poser pro pack.

I never cut and paste. When I make something, I make it from scratch and make sure it's 100% original.