Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 PM   #91
Link
Jack Burton

Well submarine is correct ( duh! ) but I need more than one sea-unit -- this isn't all too hard for anyone who've played Civilization extensively. On top of that Nuclear Power is incorrect as the Invention that gives you the submarine.

Concerning Heroes III: I thought the ending movie alone would be too simple

[ 02-08-2006, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #92
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
2. Transport, submarine, trireme, ironclad, frigate. I think mapmaking gave you a trireme, steam engine (or railroad?) gave you ironclad, maybe metallurgy gave you frigate?

3. They would accidently hit your own units? That was a cool game; I loved that vibration unit you got when you were the blue guys.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #93
Link
Jack Burton

Close enough on 2, and close enough on 3 too. You're up, Aelia! Good job [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The answers:

1) Your main hero is beheaded, but there's no head falling down! Now there's an interesting anatomic problem!

2) The nine are:
  • Battleship (Steel)
  • Carrier (Advanced Flight)
  • Cruiser (Combustion)
  • Frigate (Magnetism)
  • Ironclad (Steam Engine)
  • Sail (Navigation)
  • Trireme (Mapmaking)
  • Transport (Industrialization)
  • Submarine (Mass Production)
3) The heat-seaking ability of the rockets courtesy of your well-earned and precious Rocket Turrets don't last for that long. Enemy Ornithopters or Harvester Carriers, flapping and swirling about your entire base and across the map, make the rockets swirl around to anywhere, occasionaly hitting your units, but more often damaging your own buildings. Your defense just became your worst nightmare [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

[ 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Link ]

Old 02-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #94
Link
Jack Burton

Oh, and "those blue guys" were the Atreides, and the "that vibration unit" -- sorry, but I couldn't help certain *thoughts* entering my mind -- was called the Sonic Wave Tank. An absolute must if you wanted to do some long distance damage and didn't want to rely on the rather aimless Rocket Launchers.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #95
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
LOL I know, sorry for the inappropriate visual

Okay my questions.

1) What are two resources necessary to build sanctuaries in Zeus?

2) What is the name of the boy you can have in your party in Ultima 7, and what is his father's name?
Old 02-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #96
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Okay in case no one knows those questions, here is one more:

3) What did Guybrush wear to the fancy dress party at Elaine's mansion in Monkey Island 2?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #97
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Just a wild guess on #3: a dress? (Gotta keep this thread alive, it's been 3 days now).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #98
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
*puts up hand like a fevered student of the avatar*

2) I think the boy's name was Spark!
His thirst for vengeance overshadowed his otherwise innocent demeanour. [img]smile.gif[/img]
His father's name though aswell?? That's more difficult. Hmmm....its been awhile since I played U7 (but I'm just about to start Serpent's Isle) ahh, I think it was Christopher though - played the opening sequence often enough to remember! *Sigh* Such a brilliant game.

[ 02-12-2006, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #99
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
He did wear a dress! A pink one. GOod guess lol

And yes, their names were Spark and Christopher, so that's right too.

Sorry, those questions seemed easy to me and I knew there were people who had played at least U7 and MI here

Maybe if we have multiple questions at a time it would be better? Like a blue stream and a yellow stream or something like in the movie quotes thread? So maybe both Nightowl and CerebroDragon can put questions up?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #100
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Actually, I played both those games, but so long ago now that most details have fade, so I consider my answer more of a guess than recall.

As to multiple winners, that was tried once before, I think, but the results end up being very confusing, especially with multiple questions as well. We would do better to stick to one correct answer at a time.

However, since I think the Ultima question was tougher, particularly as you wanted the kid's father's name, too, I'm willing to cede to Cerebro and let him do the next post.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote