Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2001, 05:07 PM   #1
BladeMaster

Spoiler
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\\
\
\
\
\
\I'am in the sewers right now doing the Eyeless Cult quest and I'am at the bridge were you have to answer 3 questions to get the bridge across the gap and then I go across and attack the {i believe Elder Orbs} I die after about seven hits. Just to let you know I am imune to all physical and magical attacks but the still kill me. The resons why my character is like is because I have completed BG2 7 times already and I want to get all of the NPC quests done and the romances. Any help would be appreciated

------------------

Taste My Steel- BladeMaster

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 05-05-2001).]

Old 05-05-2001, 05:22 PM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

you need the cloak of reflection or the shield of balduran

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 05-05-2001, 05:41 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Nah! It's easy when you know how..
Have your Thief 'Stealth' and walk forwards till she JUST sees the first of 'em, dimly, (make sure she doesn't have a bow in her hand in case she shoots) then go back and have your Mages toss Fireballs over there to soften 'em up good, and any other 'area' spells you have. Some of 'em will die and they rest will be hurt, so when they start coming at you and throw their nasty little magics at you, your team (some of 'em anyway!) will still be able to move around and kill 'em without TOO much trouble.

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-05-2001, 05:45 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Summon a couple of fire elementals and let the walk across the bridge by themselves usually solves your problem.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-05-2001, 08:07 PM   #5
Gimlee
Elminster

You can try the spell hold monster. It doesn't last very long, but you can hold up to 4 beholders (gauth in that situation,I think).
Old 05-05-2001, 08:15 PM   #6
Lord Shield

If it's Elder Orbs they're probably Imprisoning you. Go berserk or use Spell Shield vs Abjuration. Otherwise just send lots of summoned critters in with you out of sight of them

Old 05-06-2001, 01:06 AM   #7
Evil Jake

The easiest way to kill them is to use cloud kill,even easier if you do it before solving the riddle....they can't chase you!

Old 05-06-2001, 01:38 AM   #8
BladeMaster

I am imune to all magical attacks so how can they imprision me like that

------------------

Taste My Steel- BladeMaster

Old 05-06-2001, 02:24 AM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Actually I think their only mazing you but doesnt really make a difference your still out for most of the fight. They are casting cause wounds so I dont think immune to magic energy wizard spell does anything against it and I dont think it helps against maze either. Try casting magic resistance cause that does protect from maze if its high enough.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old 05-06-2001, 03:07 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

Have your Thief 'Stealth' and walk forwards till she JUST sees the first of 'em, dimly, (make sure she doesn't have a bow in her hand in case she shoots)
The way to avoid "making her shoot" is to turn off your party AI.

If you don't have the Baldurdash patch (NOT an official patch) the Elder Orb's death ray is NOT affected by magic resistance, just by your saving throw. They probably hit you with Greater Malison first which lowers your saving throw, then Death Ray.

------------------