Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Have I just developed X-ray vision or are there just a number of characters running around Undermountain naked lately?

Perhaps this is a new trend.

Otherwise I'd be happy to lend them enough gold for some decent armour.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:54 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

My last two trips in, I didn't manage to find the clothing optional party...Where were you, exactly, so that I can verify these facts for myself...er, or something...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

lmfao

What happened was one of the lads I was tagging along with didn't have any suitable armour (he was a monk and running around naked) so I gave him mine to keep him on the straight and narrow.

This of course meant that I had to run around naked until I could pick up a new set.

Thats all, honest guv!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Damn that's funny! You never know what disreputable sorts you'll run into in Undermountain [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
lmfao

What happened was one of the lads I was tagging along with didn't have any suitable armour (he was a monk and running around naked) so I gave him mine to keep him on the straight and narrow.

This of course meant that I had to run around naked until I could pick up a new set.

Thats all, honest guv!
My monk was not naked... he had a scrap of loincloth on.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

You know, that would make for an interesting concept: a set of items that made it completely unnecessary to wear proper armor. Would need to be two rings, one set of boots, bracers, gloves - at least. For items, do you always have to be wearing them for their effects to work, or can you have items that merely having them in your possession will do something for you (aside from changing your alignment)?
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Unless it's a spell like effect, as the Ioun stones, items must be equipped to gain the benefits. At least when it comes to ac bonus, etc. If, for example, a ring has a spell on it, you must equip the ring before you can use the spell, didn't used to be that way, but Hordes changed that, or one of the subsequent patches.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, that is good to know. At least I can now figure out some new tactics for possible suggestions now. So for items that cannot be equipped at all, those you can access the magical abilities of at any time, correct? (Prayer Bags, Wands, Ioun Stones, et cetera) You just have to spend a round getting to them. Everything else one has to equip, therefore it is best to put bonuses to anything statistic-based onto creations you have to wear or hold. Things I never paid enough attention to, sadly enough, when rolling through the game. It definitely changes how I look at all those items I keep on piling on my character.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #9
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

It happened again.

Dace, are you a naturist or were you just mooning?
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:42 AM   #10
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Greything:
It happened again.

Dace, are you a naturist or were you just mooning?
I was transfering armour to a new character...

The 'new' character already being L40 [img]smile.gif[/img]