Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Which is better to play as? Cleric or Druid?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
Kerneth
The Magister

Druid advantages: Animal Companion, more combat spells, shapeshifting

Cleric advantages: Turn Undead, no need to memorize healing spells in advance.

Personally, I like the druid better, because I find Turn Undead extremely annoying (I hate it when the monsters make me chase them down to kill them).
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #3
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Also, can Druids and clerics use arcane scrolls?
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:57 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Obsidian the Black:
Also, can Druids and clerics use arcane scrolls?

Nope, sure can't...

[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:08 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

Another advantage of clerics is they can wear any armor and use shields. I'm not too sharp on 3rd edition rules, but I don't think these skills come automatically for druids.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 05:53 AM   #6
Tobbin
Red Dragon

If you want a druid or cleric to be able to use magic scrolls/devices/items/etc, you can sacrifice 1 level of advancement to a wizard or sorceror (make sure that you have at least 11 in Wisdom (sorceror) or 11 in Intelligence (Wizard) so that they can cast spells. Then you can use all the scrolls you find. You can pick a thief class and choose use magic device skill, but this will not allow you to use ALL magic (a good percentage though). I found this out by using my Ranger and then picked up thief and then picked up sorceror. Thief allowed me to use SOME magic scrolls/items, but when I got 1 level of sorceror, I could use them all.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I have a druidess going ;thru ;right now--with a cleric henchman for the Beggar's Nest part. It sure is sweet being able to trust the cleric to take care of those nasty zombies while I attend to more important matters !
Old 08-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #8
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
I have a druidess going ;thru ;right now--with a cleric henchman for the Beggar's Nest part. It sure is sweet being able to trust the cleric to take care of those nasty zombies while I attend to more important matters !
Clerics are ESPECIALLY helpful fighting UNDEAD. They are the main combatants that I have problems with in the game. Especially Revenants. I can go toe to toe with Mummy Lords and Chieftains, but get around a Revenant, and I watch hp's go down. GOTTA LEARN SUN-RAY or sumptin. LOL