Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #1
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I was on-line around 3:00 last night (insomnia) and all of a sudden the lights dimmed and the clocks started blinking, doing this for several minutes. My stereo was making strange noises (it wasn't even on) and the furnace was also making odd noises, so I flipped the switch on the surge-protector and turned off the heat. I took a chance and fiddled around with the circuit breakers, gave up and got out the extra batteries. By then my 6 year old son woke up and asked if the lights were going out. Told him it would be fine and to go back to sleep and then went to bed myself. It was kind of creapy not having the sound of the heater or a/c on, and even creapier was my neighbor's dog QUIT howling! I have a pretty wild imagination and so I almost expected something to make strange sounds outside and peek in the windows. By then the lights went completely out and my son came running with his flashlight. Looked out the window and all the lights down the street were also out. It was 4:00 in the morning by then, but I called the electric company anyway. They said that most of the town was out and would be until around 6:00! I'll find out later how much of the town was affected.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:28 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Woa! I love blackouts, myself...they give me a good opportunity to freak out my big bro and play hide and go seek with flashlights in!
Old 09-24-2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
I was on-line around 3:00 last night (insomnia) and all of a sudden the lights dimmed and the clocks started blinking, doing this for several minutes. My stereo was making strange noises (it wasn't even on) and the furnace was also making odd noises, so I flipped the switch on the surge-protector and turned off the heat. I took a chance and fiddled around with the circuit breakers, gave up and got out the extra batteries. By then my 6 year old son woke up and asked if the lights were going out. Told him it would be fine and to go back to sleep and then went to bed myself. It was kind of creapy not having the sound of the heater or a/c on, and even creapier was my neighbor's dog QUIT howling! I have a pretty wild imagination and so I almost expected something to make strange sounds outside and peek in the windows. By then the lights went completely out and my son came running with his flashlight. Looked out the window and all the lights down the street were also out. It was 4:00 in the morning by then, but I called the electric company anyway. They said that most of the town was out and would be until around 6:00! I'll find out later how much of the town was affected.
I know I would shit my pants, ^&^
Old 09-25-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL that was spookey hehe but the power companyes tend to do some repairs at middle of the night when people sleep so maby that is the reason the power was gone! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 12:35 AM   #5
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
LOL that was spookey hehe but the power companyes tend to do some repairs at middle of the night when people sleep so maby that is the reason the power was gone! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Apparently thats a concept that the electrical companies have trouble grasping where I live.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:38 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It was them danged Aliens I tell ya! Damn gray things.. always messing with the Power..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-25-2002, 04:41 AM   #7
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
It was them danged Aliens I tell ya! Damn gray things.. always messing with the Power..
Yes... *Calls Mental Hospital*
Old 09-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #8
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Shhh, if they know we know...
LOL
Old 09-25-2002, 04:58 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ornery One:
quote:
Shhh, if they know we know...
LOL
[/QUOTE]Ah! And if they know WE know, will we know that they know now? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Ahh buoy. I got's to go's to bed.. Me tired.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album