Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 08:35 PM   #11
Moni

It is a short somewhere that is connected to the fuse that the radio runs off of...the fuse blew repeatedly and finally fried the alternator and battery...it was sent to the local shop and returned to me by KHaN as "Repaired" (mechanic was aware, through me, of the short and a connection to the alternator that was duct taped together). So I, trusting the mechanic because he is a good guy, get under the dash and attempt to replace the fuse only to have sparks thrown onto my eyelids...lucky for me I closed them fast enough or I might be blind 'cause I have to take my glasses off to see the small print).
Anyway, yeah the duct taped connection was replaced with a proper plug but still, I took the car back and told him what happened with the fuse and he told me that he couldn't find the short but (handing me a card) here is a guy who can...a mechanic out of San Antonio who requires the owner's (KHaN's) consent to tear things apart to look for it.
KHaN could care less because he doesn't drive it even though his mom and dad say they will pay for it if he'll take it in (because it is his grandfather's car, it is just in KHaN's name since his grandfather doesn't drive it anymore and I am the only one who drives it). Aaagh! LOL.
There are plans in the works for a totally new car or truck...it is all just a waiting game for me at this point because I have no control over what they do with their money or their property. *shrugs*
As long as I don't try to power up the radio, it seems to be just fine and the AC and cruise control still work so it ain't all bad! .

[ 07-24-2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-24-2002, 10:59 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well just be careful in that thing ye Gods! You are right, cool you have AC at least, I don't LOL, need to get mine fixed, so I'm dropping a few pounds each day I drive home from work LOL. Tell KHAN Ladyzekke says he needs to get his Princess' chariot fixed, lest Ladyzekke take a road trip and does something painful with a dictionary to him!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-24-2002, 11:06 PM   #13
Moni

LMAO! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Will do!
Yes, do get that AC taken care of! KHaN is in the same boat as you and he is just miserable in the heat and humidity! Isn't August the hottest/muggiest month of the year? ( I know it is here and in AZ but I haven't crossed the Mississippi going east in decades and don't have a clue LOL)