Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Good news--the virus in my boot/memory is *history*! After countless hours, downloads, virus scans gone pfizz and endless bouts of frustration--------all it took was to unplug the entire machine for five minutes!

My oldest son, whose business is these infernal machines, called to say hi and ended up listening to mom's woes. He said, "resident memory bug? Mom, all you have to do is unplug the thing for at least five minutes and it kills the virus!" After much discussion (as in "No way will that work!" on my part), I tried it and voila! I have back my cd rom drive (gaming here I come) and the system reads CLEAN.

So if you should have the misfortune of picking up one of these nasty little buggers, unplug and go have a cup or two of coffee (or ale, whichever [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 02-05-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Congrats! Who would've thought eh!
Old 02-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

And I take it your sons are still very much alive??
Old 02-06-2002, 06:53 AM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
And I take it your sons are still very much alive??

For the moment their sentence has been suspended [img]smile.gif[/img] . BUT *no* discs from the other pc are even allowed to *see* this one.......

Actually I made them bring their pc downstairs yesterday and when they cleaned its system, it was discovered that they also need to rewrite the partition tables (mine are fine ::smug look: [img]smile.gif[/img] . Now I can keep a closer eye on what they do (this is the only one online and is passworded out) which is not really appreciated much, but as I *am* the mom and responsible for their well being and upbringing.....they ain't got a choice [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 02-06-2002, 07:20 AM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Congrats Garnet...who would have thunk it?
My first virus was unfortunately the CIH Virus and had corrupted half of my hard drive before it was caught. Naturally I had to delete the dos partition and format the drive. Lost everything I had on the machine. My son downloaded it from a friend he had online.