Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
bah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I’m lazy ,I did a search and didn’t see it right off so I’ll just ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]

When one of my folks gets stunned say by a mind flayer which spell will remove the stunned ?
bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

IIRC, the spells Chaotic Commands and Free Action are great, when used beforehand. Go ahead and try using them while the Stun is in effect--you were going to Reload anyway, right?

By the way, if you search for hidden stuff in the Illithid Dungeon, you can find Methild's Harp: Remove Hold-like effects from 1 person, 3 times per day. Usable By: Bards. Utterly useless for removing Stun. No wonder you can't even get a single gold piece for it.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:06 PM   #3
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

The stun from an enemy Mage/Beholder/Demon is different from the Psionic Blast (Mind Flayers), Confusion (Umber Hulks), Domination (Vampires), Dire Charm (Mind Flayers). Stun can be prevented by Free Action (Cleric or ring). All the rest can be prevented with Caotic Commands (Cleric and Druid). Potions of Clarity work against Confusion as well. There are some weapons/items that provide a Mind Shield too (that talking sword and the Unicorn Spear among others).
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Lioness
Jack Burton

You unfortunately have to wait for stun to wear off...annoying, I know. Use stuff before hand, as Six said. BTW, does the Ring of Free Action prevent stun? Just curious...

And welcome to the board.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:56 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
BTW, does the Ring of Free Action prevent stun?
Yes, although I am unsure when it comes to Psionic Stun. I know for sure it protects against Symbol Stun.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote