Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey what is goign on now i see a picture of some, soon to be dead looking, guy under my name when I post?
Old 04-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #2
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Do you mean "the magister" Like mine says manshoon? If that is what you mean... then I shall answer!

That is your rank. As you post more uh... posts ( ) you get higher in rank... you hit magister when you posted 100 times... you will hit manshoon when you post 150 and so on and so on. I don't know all of the ranks or the interval between them all, but there are alot! So, in conclution, the more you post the better rank you get, and the cooler you rank becomes, and the more people look up to you.

There! Hope that helped!
Old 04-27-2002, 07:34 PM   #3
lroyo

But what exactly is The Magister?
Old 04-27-2002, 07:50 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Who knows what the magister is. To me, he looks like a psionic.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Magister is an old medieval term for a Professor. It's been acquired in very recent years and thrown into the hopper as a sort of generic leader type for magical AD&D nonsense, probably because of confusing "magic" with "magisterial." Very long ago, both words came from the same root--Magi or Magians, the Zoroastrian religion that is regarded as the first monotheistic belief system of note. The later Muslims who converted (often, forcibly) the Magians of the MidEast demonized the religion, regarding Magians as infernal spell-users who had made contracts with the devil, Iblis. Hence, Magians become synonymous with spellcasting (magic) and all-encompassing knowledge (magisterial).

Well, you did ask.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

The True question here is: What ia a manshoon? I am dutch and though I consider myself to be speaking fairly good english I have never heard of this (or him) (or her) before.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:53 PM   #7
DrakenKorin
The Magister

Manshoon is a Forgotten Realms villain, high-up in the Zhentarim, all-around kickass character.
DrakenKorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:00 PM   #8
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Yeah he is pretty cool. There was a link to a site about him, or a site with a quick description.... but I don't remember where it is on the forum... mayhap someone else does?
Old 04-27-2002, 09:02 PM   #9
Lioness
Jack Burton

BTW, you can click on "Rules and Regulations" at the top of the screen, and it will tell you all the ranks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 09:24 PM   #10
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Thanx for the info guys!

BTW: Sir Mandorallen; I saw your sig. You don't happen to be Tim the Enchanter who posted under that name at the old Developer's Corner from BG1? If so we have met a few times in the old days [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote