Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2001, 06:51 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Do my eyes deceive me - is it true - yes it IS

No Zidane and Henry admittedly, but also no Viduka and Kewell. Are you out there Donut, Memmie, Yorick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

------------------
Old 06-01-2001, 06:57 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Do my eyes deceive me - is it true - yes it IS

No Zidane and Henry admittedly, but also no Viduka and Kewell. Are you out there Donut, Memmie, Yorick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO

I was wondering how long this would take. Can you answer me something? Of the eleven players of the French first team that beat South Korea 5-0 the other day how many started today's game? I'll give you a clue - it was slightly less than one

Good news about Frank the Beef getting sent off though

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-01-2001, 07:04 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Donut,

Gee - very quick to try and spoil the fun there - were you lurking and awaiting a post on this topic ? The French - aren't they like World and European Champions or something - when was the last time they got beaten???? When was the last time you guys beat them Donut - Agincourt?? An Aussie must celebrate at every opportunity you know .

------------------
Old 06-01-2001, 08:41 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Donut,

Gee - very quick to try and spoil the fun there - were you lurking and awaiting a post on this topic ? The French - aren't they like World and European Champions or something - when was the last time they got beaten???? When was the last time you guys beat them Donut - Agincourt?? An Aussie must celebrate at every opportunity you know .

I expected the original post, the game was shown live here although I wasn't able to watch. Okay, I apologize - it was a good result. I was just getting my retaliation in first just in case the Lions' tour and the Ashes don't go as planned.

By way the British Lions arrive in Oz today. First match is against Western Australia in Perth on Friday. There are 12,000 supporters travelling from GB & Ireland to watch the test matches.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 08:43 AM   #5
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Uhhhh what game and league is this? I hope its not that horrible game cricket.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:46 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Uhhhh what game and league is this? I hope its not that horrible game cricket.
Cricket is a beautiful game caleb The first part of the post is about football, the second is about Rugby Union.

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 09:04 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Donut,

I'm sure the Ashes and the Lions tour will go to plan - the Wallabies and Steve Wuagh plans that is . You're right about one thing though, that is one heck of a good result for us against France. It rates right up with our victory a few years ago against Brazil in the Confed Cup in Saudi Arabia (although they trounced the **** out of us in the final ).

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 12:42 AM   #8
Azrael
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Not that the Socceroos are consistant or anything though, we all remember a certain World Cup qualifier lost to a certain Arab state a few years back *cough cough*, at best it's flashs of glory, though there's no doubt well crush the poms in the ashes. *prepares to delete last line is nessesary*
Old 06-02-2001, 08:17 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I expected the original post, the game was shown live here although I wasn't able to watch. Okay, I apologize - it was a good result. I was just getting my retaliation in first just in case the Lions' tour and the Ashes don't go as planned.
Oh they will, don't worry about that my friend. You did mean "expected" instead of "planned" though didn't you?

Still, no matter if it was a French 1st 11 or a French 2nd 11, Australia has beaten France and it is recorded for posterity thus.

If they didn't send their best team it's their own fault

Yes, France are both World and European Champions, but Soccer is the fourth most popular football code in Australia. When it is number 1 I'm sure WE SHALL BE WORLD CHAMPIONS YAY!!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-02-2001, 08:30 AM   #10
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Soccer is the fourth most popular football code in Australia

That would be fourth behind (in no particular order) Rugby Union, Rugby League and Aussie Rules would it?

That is is you count Aussie Rules as some kind of football at all. As far as I can see, it is the mutant offspring of a menage a trois between scoccer, rugby and basketball. Its primary tactic seems to be to scare the sh*t out of the opposition by jumping at their heads.

I am convinced that if you took away the ball from most Aussie Rules games, the players would just get on with the real purpose and have a damn good blue anyway

------------------
Regards

Mouse