Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

What art files (graphics and sound) do you need to create a design from scratch?

Tarlanon and I have decided to change the download format for DC just a bit by making the art a separate download. We see many advantages to this, such as shorter download time for updates, and getting the art that you want for you design.

We would like your input into what art files should be included in an official art pack. Obviously, everyone will different specifics, but there are certain things that will benefit all designers, such as a wall or two with a couple of different doors, several backdrops including indoor and outdoor, a frame set, a camp and treasure pictures, and ...

Please give us your opinion.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Dinonykos
Symbol of Cyric

I would only need one example for each type of graphic. Perhaps in different typical resolutions.

Furthermore, grids for the walls, backgrounds and sprites would be good, like those you (Manikus [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and I already made. Perhaps there are other/better grids around?

However, other people might want to have at least the graphics that were included in the original UA editor.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

Nice to hear from you, Dinonykos. [img]smile.gif[/img]

At this point, everything that is currently available, minus the blank walls, will be in the new packages.
The grids are a really good idea. But, I think maybe a separate template/tool download would be best for those. Do you mind if I use yours?

It's funny to see the way some people have answered this. I am like you, give me one example of each kind of graphic and I will make or find my own pics. But, I do understand adding more than that- having some default characters to populate a town, for example. So far, I have been contacted by at least one person who had a long list of specific art that she wanted for her design. I din't mind pointing her in the right direction for some of it, but I think it's funny how people don't read a post before responding to it. (When I mentioned again the mission of this question, she got it then. )