Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2001, 12:01 PM   #1
Bunny
Dungeon Master

Hail Warriors,

Yeah I know, I'm terrible and bad, but I want to knock off the dragon. Feel it would be very irresponsible of me to allow a dragon to roam free that thinks nothing of roasting anyone he comes across while flying the not so friendly skys. If I remember from the last time I played, you somehow get him stuck in the door and that helps. Anyone know exactly how to go about this? Tried it once last night and I got fried myself.

As always thanks for the help.

So close to Kol, my charisma is -3,
Bunny

Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 12:12 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Bunny,

This is a sure victory:
Note to Wyv... SORRY, just pretend you didn't see this post

1- Go and enchant rings to 80 Fire protection and bless armor for protection (best achieved with the selling arrow trick)
2- Bless all your weapons to max (if you're solo: sword of Argus is great)
3- Make your ninja/assassins invisible
4- Cast: Bless, Heroic Might, Armor Realm, Nimble, Repel, Haste and Bloodlust (notice all characters enhancers)
5- Get as many powertraits as possible (Giant Strike, Berserk, Double strike, Lethal Fist...)

Get close and wack, wack and rewack until he's dead.

If you're lucky, you'll kill him without a scratch.

Good luck Dragon Slayer!

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 07-26-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:01 AM   #3
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

I think the only spells that worked on him for me was Meteorstorm and Lifesteal.

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:56 AM   #4
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Dragon Armor on everyone who can where it, enchant rings/armor with fire protection. Bless weapons with damage. When this is done, whack, whack, and whack some more until he dies!!!! I had all die except my paladin and barbarian but that's because I realized what would be best to do after I already killed him.

Sorry Wyv, I know, you hate it when people kill him but Bunny really does have a point and of course you know we would never do it for the XP alone now don't you?

-Jafin

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 08-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jafin (edited 08-10-2001).]
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 09:25 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Couldn't we just get Erathsmedor a pair of glasses instead??

I'm sure if he could just see that your party contained the "chosen one" he'd never try to fry you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 12:17 PM   #6
Bunny
Dungeon Master

Wow!!!

**Possible Spoiler**

Missed this sight big time, hope everyone is well.

O.K. spared the dragon, but then knock off Oakinwhatever. Hate to say it, but enjoy that fight more than any in the game, and the EXP. POINTS!!! All my characters went up at least 5 levels. Using Dementia spell on the trees he conjured to help him was a blast.

Stacking cords of wood for the winter,
Bunny

Old 08-11-2001, 03:48 AM   #7
Mephistopheles
Welcomed New User

Casting the Lure spell on a character with Dragon Armor w/ Reflect Damage helps. I killed Erathy pretty easy. The problem was with Oakenmir. He is damn tough. Anybody have hints for him? Bunny? And I'm playing *strictly* by the rules.
Mephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 01:10 AM   #8
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I didn't have much trouble killing Oakenmir. I thought it was only hard when he summoned up those Tree friends of his. It seems, however, that he can only do it so many times. After a while he just doesn't summon them anymore. The tactic I used was to summon up a bunch of fiends (hope for Fire and Earth Elementals, they're the best against him, Ice Elementals only provide dummies for him, ice won't affect him) and then immediately hit him with Burning Haze and any other powerful Fire spells I had (i.e. Firestorm, works REAL good on trees). When he calls all of those trees, use a firestorm/meteorstorm (icestorm doesn't work on them) to break them all down. Then, a couple well placed Burning Hazes should take pretty good care of them. After a while, Oakenmir will be all alone. When this happens, just run over, have Ninja/Assassin(s) hide in shadows and start pounding him. Your weapons will almost definitely take a lot of damage in the fight. I had an axe with Tough 50% have 17% damage after Oakenmir so be sure to use tough weapons. If you ever run out of Mana, just run back, into the water is the best and swim/run (if you chose a land spot) to regain Mana and then, start burning him again. You probably COULD just run away for a while if you want because I don't THINK he'll heal up while you're away, but I prefer to take my enemies in one big battle. I killed him with the difficulty on Hard because you'll get more XP that way. He's not that much harder if you change it. Try saving right before he dies (just a teeny bit of red left showing on his health bar) and then changing the difficulty to hard, quitting, reloading and finish him off. Have fun!

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 01:42 PM   #9
Bunny
Dungeon Master

Howdy,

I was able to to finally (it does take forever,) beat him by Hit and Run methods. Usually tying up his summoned trees with Dementia, and constant Metor, Fire, etc. showers. Fire spells worked well. He has mega H.Points though and it's a long fight, but soooo worth the exp. points. Mainly used spells in this fight.

Hope this help and happy chopping.

On the Lorax's hitlist,
Bunny
Old 08-13-2001, 07:26 PM   #10
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

In my fights with Oakenmire, I have always used the up close and personal method. After blasting with a firestorm, I get up close and whack away with swords. Most of the time, he doesn't even summon any creatures and uses mostly physical attacks. With healing spells, I have no problem whacking away. Yes, you do have to have the toughness up a little higher to keep your weapons from breaking, but I have never had a problem with that.

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote