Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
DarkMyst
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have found the 4 machine parts and given them to the man but nothing happens? is there anything else to give him e.g. scroll/manual of somekind? or do i go to the room which is broken up and floating? any help would be appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

To whom, exactly, did you give the 4 pieces?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 03:51 PM   #3
DarkMyst
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i gave them to the man in the astrolabe(not larrel),whats his name again?...
Old 02-21-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

hmmm.... Each piece should have started a short cut-scene which activates a part of the Astrolabe. Does the Astrolabe work now? Have you tried speaking with Larrel? Does anyone else want to pinch-hit for me here?

Old 02-21-2002, 07:30 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Azred has it right. Each time you give Larrel's assistant a piece of the astrolabe, a cut scene unsues. After all four pieces are turned over, you should then be able to talk to Larrel at which point a new part of your map is revealed. If that isn't happening, then you may have a corrupted dialogue string. Let me know what if anything happens after you have turned over the fourth piece. I may have a fix for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
DarkMyst
Elite Waterdeep Guard

its screwed up, i think it tries to start up a dialogue but it just stops and i cant speak to them after totally slowed down my progress
Old 02-22-2002, 01:09 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

DarkMyst,

Hopefully you have been saving regularly and can go back to before you started the quest. If so, then you can try this "fix:"

DISCLAIMER: I am not as far into the game as you, so some of this is educated conjecture, on my part.

Export each of your characters from a saved game just before they hand over the quest parts. Bring up a saved game from just after you accepted the quest (or from just before, so as restart the quest, if you think that might be your problem). After the quest is accepted, import your more experienced party into the group that just accepted the quest. Use Dalekeeper to hack the quest items into their inventory, and then try handing them over again. Or, you could simply use your more experienced party to go back through the same turf and regain the pieces and get more XP (should be a lot easier, this time!).

Another possibility: If it were me, I'd try dropping all quest pieces (and immediately save game!) then pick them up and hand them over one at a time (so that your party only has one quest piece in its possession at any one time).

NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

This is totally [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] , but I used to have the Astrolabe laboratory as my desktop wallpaper. It didn't have any motion, but it still looked wonderful.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

Old 02-22-2002, 07:21 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

DarkMyst,

It sounds like Larrel's dialogue string got corrupted during installation. I've seen this happen before. I'm emailing you a copy of the dialogue file for larrel. Replace the existing file with the one I send you. Use the "find" function of windows to locate the old version. I'll send you its exact location in the email. This should fix you up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote