Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Witch King
Dungeon Master

In the lower part of dorns deep there is a dark elf wizard, a few hulks and iron golems (sorry i can't give a better description). The iron golems are seemingly invincible and any help would be welcome on how to kill these things. Cheers
Old 01-25-2002, 03:12 PM   #2
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

From what I can remember, they just take lots and lots of pounding. I think that they are immune to magic, so just pound them down. If your fighters have any strength pots, then I recommend having a drink.

As far as strategy goes, I recommend staying in the circular area and killing the Hulks first. I hate their Confusing Gaze. Stay in the area to kill the golems. Then go after the wizard last. he will stay out of the fight if you stay out of his view.

poundpoundpound
Old 01-25-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
Witch King
Dungeon Master

Thanx for finding the time to reply. Cheers
Old 01-25-2002, 05:44 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Use potions of clarity and clerical spells chaotic commands and impervious sanctity of the mind to get past the umber hulks and avoid their gaze.

When facing the Golems, Entropy shield is a great defensive spell for clerics and druids (and paladins if high enough level). You can try casting lower resistance at the Golems, but in general you need to go toe to toe with them with blunt weapons.

You'll just have to run down Malavon - he dimension doors all over the place. Try using summoned monsters and ranged weapons and keep hammering at his defenses with stuff like dispel magic. etc. Once the golems and Malavon's cronies are gone, Malavon himself isn't that bad. He's just tough to track down.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #5
Durwyn
Elminster

Heya Micah, you got my last PM?
Old 01-25-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes I did ... and replied to same. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 08:48 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Iron golems may be hit only by weapons that are enchanted to +3 or better; at this point in the game I'm sure you have a couple of those in your inventory somewhere. What did you do with Conlan's Hammer? Remember that it was enchanted specifically to deal with iron golems.... Also, don't bother wasting any spells on golems.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
Warboss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

And never forget how useful Silence 15-ft. Radius is when dealing with spellcasters.

"What's that, Malavon? I can't hear you. Are you trying to cast a spell or something? Oh, never mind. Here, meet my broadsword, he doesn't talk much either."

*SPLAT*
Old 02-01-2002, 05:41 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

The Only Tip I Would Recommend Is Using Conlans Hammer. It Is A Warhammer +4 Against Iron Golems, Could Be Helpful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Spoiler!!

It Is Located In The Back Room Of The Kuldahar Smithy In A Chest.