Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 05:21 PM   #51
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Might I suggest that the next mod who wanders into here might like to lock this thread and let it drop - I think all that needs to be said has been........

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 05:25 PM   #52
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I assume you mean "Jake", and not "Ziroc"?

Seriously, guys...let's not express thoughts of violence. As Memnoch has pointed out previously, Jake is no longer here to defend himself. He's gone, we can go back to where we were before.

OK, I will not kill him for now

Old 09-12-2001, 06:14 PM   #53
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Okay, I am not talking about the Moderators here, but the attitude of many of you is really making me angry. You are just proving the point that was being made in another thread about the double standard you are displaying regarding the attack on an American target as opposed to other horrible incidents in other parts of the world.

This forum, like lots of other forums on the internet, is FULL of callous, insensitive remarks regarding horrible incidents, both recent and in the past, that have happened to other peoples, sometimes at the hands of the United States.

I haven't seen a single one of you calling for the banning of the people making those remarks, much less talking about punching them out or killing them in real life. And you are even blind to the friggin double standard! MY GOD IT IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:24 PM   #54
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Okay, I am not talking about the Moderators here, but the attitude of many of you is really making me angry. You are just proving the point that was being made in another thread about the double standard you are displaying regarding the attack on an American target as opposed to other horrible incidents in other parts of the world.

This forum, like lots of other forums on the internet, is FULL of callous, insensitive remarks regarding horrible incidents, both recent and in the past, that have happened to other peoples, sometimes at the hands of the United States.

I haven't seen a single one of you calling for the banning of the people making those remarks, much less talking about punching them out or killing them in real life. And you are even blind to the friggin double standard! MY GOD IT IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!
Dio, I think the issue here is timing. There is a time for his criticisms, but not now.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #55
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:

Steady, Dio. I know a lot of people who feel as you do - and I tend to agree - but really, my friend, this is not the right time. Most people can't take it just now. Stay cool.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 07:50 PM   #56
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Dio, I think the issue here is timing. There is a time for his criticisms, but not now.
Good to see you, Yorick. ((((hugs))))

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 08:11 PM   #57
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

For some of the things he said, it really wouldn't have mattered when he said them. They would have pissed me off a month ago, and they will piss me off a year from now. I'm open to listen to all views, especially ones I don't agree with, but that went too far.

There are a lot of great people on this board. I suppose you could definately say that this board has a double standard against $ss holes. Since the majority of the board is well mannered and even tempered, anyone who is not would definately have a hard time here, and I could easily see them feeling a little bit outcast and feeling like everyones against them. You're right, there is a double standard, and I'm glad you brought this up. I'm sure I won't be alone when I say that we should not be so hard on sick bastards who appreciate mass murder.

Maybe we should get some more a$$ holes here that appreciate and find excitement in the slaughter of thousands. $hit, it's too bad Hitlers dead because he would have loved Jake.

Once again, thank you for making a very important point.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 08:21 PM   #58
Ziroc

I have IP Banned Jake and closed his account. If he comes back with a NEW Account and IP, ANYONE-- Email me asap, I will take further actions.

Thanks guys!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-12-2001, 08:24 PM   #59
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
You're right, there is a double standard, and I'm glad you brought this up. I'm sure I won't be alone when I say that we should not be so hard on sick bastards who appreciate mass murder.

Maybe we should get some more a$$ holes here that appreciate and find excitement in the slaughter of thousands. $hit, it's too bad Hitlers dead because he would have loved Jake.

Once again, thank you for making a very important point.

You started so well! Pity you went over the top, Milamber!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 08:28 PM   #60
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

are you guys talking about me here?

asks with an innocent voice