Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ladies and gentlemen I have returned, not that I expect many of you to remember me. Anyway, after an extensive hiatus from the BG world I decided to tackle it again, only in full power gamer mode. So I recalled this cheat to get all stats at 18 when creating my character. My problem? I can't remember what the cheat is except that it involves the 8 key and another key. Also I can't recall if it is only for BG2 or if it works on BG-ToTSC as well.

P.S. I'd almost bet my registration that this must have been posted before, but I value my voice here so I won't make that wager, and I haven't the time to do the archival research necessary to find such a post.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well, it's shift+8, but it work only if you have the cheats activated. I only tested it in Baldur's Gate II. I don't know if it work in this one.

You could simply download the save game editor.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

"Creating character with all stats maxed"

Hmm - isn't that 25 all over the board

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 03-28-2003, 07:45 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

6 18s is what the max stats cheat gives you. 6 25 is far to cheesy for even the most power-mad gamer to consider. But its possible, by re-running a character through the game to get the tomes multiple times, or by using Gatekeeper.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:20 AM   #5
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

He DID write "full power game mode", so why restrict the scores to 18?

I would also think that it would be too boring to set all scores to 25 (even to 18), I sort of like the excitement when rolling a new char (and the annoyance when you after 20 minutes of rerolling, rolls the 1 in a million perfect roll - and realizes that your right index finger just pushed the mouse button again automatically and of its own accord )

Insane
Old 03-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

lol.

I do exactly the same with my characters. My current one took an hour and a half to roll [img]smile.gif[/img] 97/98 native stats [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 04:46 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Just tried it in BG2 and nothing. Is it Cheats=1 or Debug=1 under game options? I tried what the file said which was Cheats=1 and then the CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys(); but still nothing any help would be accepted.

Old 03-28-2003, 06:34 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Just checked.

added- Somebody kick me. I just realized I could have edited this post into my previous one instead of making a whole new post. Oh well damage done, lesson learned.

SPOILER (of the very minor type)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The cheat activator is actually debug mode=1. Hehe foolish me. That and the cheat only works with BG2. I'll just have to do things the long way with ToTSC. and Clua some tomes and a Midas cheat. That'll do the trick. Very time consuming though.

[ 03-28-2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Old 03-31-2003, 03:12 AM   #9
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Very time consuming though.
It is called "playing the game and have fun". The longer time you use the better. Otherwise it would be like reading the last page of a book first, to find out "who did it".

Insane
Old 03-31-2003, 10:22 AM   #10
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

InsaneBane I'm not sure you read the post fully. I was referring to the act of CLUA-ing in the tomes and Midas cheat as being time consuming not playing through the game, which is a whole other story in itself. Using CLUAConsole to bring up items and Midas for the gold then running over to the temple of Oghma in Candle keep to ID the tomes then using the tomes, that is what is time consuming, and is not part of the experience rather is a mass of tedium for the sole purpose of either balancing obscenely low stats or boosting the already decent stats to god-like levels. In other words when you have a starting Int of lets say 4 and you want a 15 bare minimum then using CLUAConsole:CreateItem(BookXX,11) Then using all eleven of those books, or charges in the single book depending on your point of view, takes a consider able amount of time and gets boring really fast.