Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Before you read this I must say, I am basically going over the entire parts of the movie.. sorta. So If you don't want to be majorly spoiled, then don't read it.

(rant) Oh. My. GAAAAAAAAAWD. That was a horrible horrible movie! And yet funny in a few parts. Anyway, I swear the movie is from Satan. First off, it wasn't even scary, it was just really nasty. I mean come on! Flesh rotting disease. FLESH ROTTING DISEASE. I normally can watch this kind of stuff, but I felt like puking in some parts! I don't want to see some guy who looks like he has herpes on his face coughing up blood all over the place! I don't want to see some girl with her face rot off! I'm serious! She had no lips! She looks like a skull that still had meat on it, and she was still alive! And her b/f had to smash her face in!

They found out she had the disease when her boyfriend was having an "intimate" moment with her. Yeah, try and sleep with that on your mind. Open sore, bloody thighs. Yuck. Now that I think about it, I don't want to go to sleep, it freaks me out too much. I mean, the disease was so bad, this dude(Call him Bitten boy) scratched his neck and he ripped off a chunk of skin. And when he tried to go to the local store, there's this little kid right? Named Dennis. Crazy kid. You see him in the start of the movie, he's all silent, same dude tries to get him to shake his hand, and the kid bites him. No reason, guess he was just hungry.

Anyway then we he goes to talk to the guys at the store again, the kid starts screaming "PANCAKES." does all these kung fu moves (No, really, he was jumping in the air doing round houses and stuff) and he goes up to the guy and bites him again! but since he's got the disease, he bites out a chunk of his hand!!! Then the owner gets mad, and him and two other guys try to kill him! So they follow the guy into the forest, and he leads them off his trail by rubbing his blood on a tree and making it look like he went one way and goes the other way. About now the only one around is the faceless chick's boyfriend. He drags Bitten boy inside the cabin, and when they find him, he's sitting in front of the door with his gun, one guy shoots him, and boyfriend comes and smacks him the face with a shovel, he falls back, shoots one guy, who then tries to crawl off, and then big Dex boy with his little box (not sure what was in it) get stabbed in the ear with a screw driver.

But wait, there were like, three over guys. Potman, Prickman, and Brunette. ( I didn't catch the names) Potman has a dog named Dr. Mambo (Kickass, I want to name one of my pets Dr. Mambo.) and he comes in the beginning with a bunch of weed, they invite him in and it's starts to drizzle so he goes to get his tent. Anyway, he's gone for now. Prickman is okay until faceless girl gets the disease, he flips out, takes all the booze, and leaves. Brunette on the other hand goes on about how everyone is going to die, and compares it with a plane crash.

"You know how everyone's going to die... and you just want to grab the nearest person and just screw the hell out of them."

... Yeah. I'll let you take it from there. Then there's Deputy Partyboy. He basically looks like a beatles reject, I think he may have been the guy with the fro and the funky glasses in the remade Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He's basically a party animal and the Evil Sheriff's helper (I'm serious, they callled him Evil Sheriff in the credits.) Well, Faceless Girl's boyfriend ends up getting it, crashes Deputy Partyboy's party by coming in and purposely puking blood on everyone. Through a series of events he gets thrown into a hospital, Evil Sheriff finds him, gives him to Dep. Partyboy who drops him in the river. But while FG's boyfriend is in the hospital, he sees a patient getting entertained by a man in a bunny suit. And in the credits, they said "Man In Bunny Suit- WE'LL NEVER TELL" ... I can't take this movie seriously. At all. I was laughing or freaking out most of the time. And the ending... you just gotta see it yourself. (/rant)
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 07:29 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

I havn't seen it but I read in a interview with the durector that he got the idea for the film one summer when he stayed on a farm close to were I live in Iceland and got terrible hay fever... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:05 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Saw it and its neither overly good nor overly bad in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:10 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

http://members.cox.net/spoonyone/Rant-CabinFever.htm

I won't post the whole thing, but it's a pretty in depth dissection of the movie, and pretty hilarious in several places
Old 12-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #5
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heh, very good write-up
Thanks for that Morg