Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

I was just wondering everyones opinions on Pay-Per-Month Online Games..
Personally im paying for Ragnarök Online for the moment its only 9.50 $ or so per month and i think its a really really good price for such a great entertaining game but a price like 15$ per month is a bit much .. but the gming companys who makes the game could charge like 20$ a motnh ppl would still pay beacuse some of the Online games are great! i think pay-per-month games are ok and i prefer Online over Singleplayer games but.. the pay per month is abit irritating...
Old 09-25-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

For the price it would cost you to go see a movie or rent a game for a few days, you get to play a cool online game with thousands of people. That's a good deal, in my opinion.

[ 09-25-2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 09-25-2003, 07:04 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I would never pay money pr. month for playing an online game. But I still think it is a good idea, as long as there is a market for such games.

It is the same thing with the Pay-per-View television channels. I wouldn't pay money just to watch a single sport match.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 09-25-2003, 08:09 AM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Since Escape from Undermountain is the only multi-player game I participate in, I see no reason to pay a monthly fee to play online. As a father of 3 young boys, I have too many other things to spend my money on.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:18 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Since Escape from Undermountain is the only multi-player game I participate in, I see no reason to pay a monthly fee to play online. As a father of 3 young boys, I have too many other things to spend my money on.
What's nice about MMORPG, is that they keep evolving and have dev controled events. It's like you are getting a new expension every months for 10$, and get a chat room with it.

Of course Ziroc keep upgrading his mod all the time, but not all module builder do that.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:26 AM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

It's a fair price to play online on these MMORPG's but you'll have to play regularly to make it worthwhile. Personally I don't have the time to play that much so these kind of games don't interrest me.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:37 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I wouldn't mind paying that much monthly to for an MMORPG. however, multiplayer usually means you play together with other people but if you end up playing alone. that amount of money you shell out is " shot to hell ". you might as well play single player games where you don't need to pay monthly fees.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:05 AM   #8
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
What's nice about MMORPG, is that they keep evolving and have dev controled events. It's like you are getting a new expension every months for 10$, and get a chat room with it.

Of course Ziroc keep upgrading his mod all the time, but not all module builder do that.
[/QUOTE]exactly Luvian thats what i like new things every month like on my game its a whole new world almost this month new enemies new skills, items
Old 09-25-2003, 09:42 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

As I've only got a dial up connection whenever I play on-line I'm dead before I can make a move. I say LAN parties!!!! That’s the way to go.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 09-25-2003, 10:26 AM   #10
Finn
The Magister

I played an MMORPG last month during its 30 day free trial period and it got me hooked. I must say that I won't mind paying every month to play but at the end of the day, its not what its cracked up to be. After that whole 30 days, I realised that I spent hours/days sitting in front of the PC being unproductive in "real life".

Its definitely addictive though. I'm still going "cold turkey" at the moment.