Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

So, I had to go back and start over at this level. (long story....) This first time I beat this chick it wasn't easy but I was able to kind of run like heck away and then come back after I had regrouped.
Well this time the door (not to her chamber but the one before that) locks on me and I can't go anywhere. Or I stood in the doorway so it couldn't shut but then I had to run again and when I came back the door was locked and my thief couldn't pick the lock or anything.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

I have version 1.4 so I think I have all of the patches except for Totlm.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 02:15 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No, not a bug!! However now she will now likely be found in one of the other rooms of this level. When you kill her the door should open again. At least I think that is how it works.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Ahhh...I see! Wonderful! I will continue to venture forward.
Thanks pritchke!
Old 01-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Well, I checked all of the rooms and she's nowhere to be found! How do I get through that door???
Old 01-30-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

? You are not suppose to run away from the level when you meet Yxunomei. Reload your Autosave and face her.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

NewbietoRPGs,

(Didn't the Wyrm's Tooth game I sent to you work?)

If you need to retreat, or if you want to set an ambush; you can go through the north door into the small rooms, just outside of Yux's room. (Hopefully you have cleared these, and every other room, out before confronting Yux.) I haven't tried this, myself; but have heard others share that it is part of a good strategy: It keeps your party from being surrounded, and forces the enemy melee units to fight your tanks 2 at a time (instead of 10+ against 2) at the door to the second room while your ranged units pelt Yux from behind the choke point.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #7
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

NobelNick, your game worked fine and I thank you. I was messing aroung with a game I grabbed off of an old pc I had because my new pc kept screwing up. Come to find out it was IWD that was causing all of the problems. Not good times. I uninstalled it again (saving a bunch of games this time myself)and I'll try to reinstall as soon as I can. Hopefully there won't be any corrupt files this time.