Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
Feral
Elminster

... seems like it would be a good spell, but I can't tell if it actually works (there is no evidence of it in any of my stats). Even the Spells Reference site isn't sure. Does anyone know?
Old 11-26-2003, 05:44 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's true that, even though it's supposed to grant -1 bonuses to your Saving Throws for the spell's duration (or something like that, I forget), no bonuses appear on your Record screen. They are probably still implemented in the game, though perhaps the only way to tell in-game would be to turn on the Extra Feedback option, so that in your Text Window, you can see all of the dice rolls for combat and Saving Throws.

Each character also has little Local Variables for Chant and ChantBad. Perhaps BioWare went this route (and not simply imposing bonuses or penalties to your existing Saves) just to ensure that Chant could not be cumulative with itself.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:16 AM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I was allways dissapointed with the spell. If you read the discription of the spell you can tell the speel is not all that great. There will be others though.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
Feral
Elminster

It's supposed to provide lots of little bonuses (+1 to all attack rolls and saving throws - so it looks pretty good for level 2). I'll try experimenting with it and see if I can come up with a definite answer. Otherwise, I'll just assume that, if it didn't work, _someone_ would have fixed it by now...

Thanks for your replies.