Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
Roboghost
Manshoon

Mad

There was a certain Paladin that was crying for me to kill him. I had a Paladin, so I took a guess what my price might be for killing him.
***Spoiler Ahead***
If you have a mage with access to the Disintegrate spell, then zap the "blue" person/creature you want to lay waste to and run out of the room [it has to be an area change--it probably won't work in Kuldahar.] Wait a short bit, then, if the spell didn't save, you will see the person/creature give a "death" sign and then go collect the goods...your reputation still intact!

Note: It didn't tell me that I lost reputation; so I hope it didn't do it "behind the scenes"--as it were. The Paladin above is worth 5 rep points, and I think it takes 6 or more to put your Paladin/Ranger in trouble--so my Paladin would not have Fallen anyway.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Aerich
Lord Ao

Nice trick.

Err, pardon me for being dense... but which paladin was crying to be killed?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
Roboghost
Manshoon

The Paladin is...
A Fallen Paladin named Harold in Castle Maluradek.

Note that I went and slept someplace first--it still told me Harold died when I walked back into the castle tower 8 hours later.

Finger of Death won't work; by the way, it's too fast. The Disintegrates' time lag before confirmed death is the bug you get to exploit.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:22 AM   #4
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ah, right. Forgot about him. I've taken a break from IWD lately; too busy, and my insufficient free time has been taken up with the Disciples II demo.

So what kind of XP do you get for offing him?
Old 07-16-2004, 08:41 PM   #5
Roboghost
Manshoon

Anyone you zap this way will gain you NO experience--a fair price for not losing any reputation!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:27 PM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

Ok then, what kind o' items do you get? Is there an actual game advantage to doing this, or is it a "funny things you can do" type of action?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #7
Roboghost
Manshoon

Arrow

The Paladin has most items that can be found/bought elsewhere in the game but one:
Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise (you only get one set of these). If you have two fighters up front, then the extra set is REAL nice [+1 THAC0, +2 Damage.] He is a FALLEN Paladin, after all. I think the game designers should have had him give the items to your Cleric or Paladin [so he/she could donate them to the church and all--a step toward getting his Fallen status taken away...yea, that's it.]