Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 07:59 PM   #81
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

He looked at the roof then at Chani."You sure?" Seeing the look on her face he nodded picking up his shingles and putting them back in the box. He leaned over and gave her a quick kiss"Be careful." With that said and done he climbed down the ladder and went inside.

ooc: Doh lol
Old 11-04-2001, 08:05 PM   #82
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Spree had told Larry about her idea of the pup's name, and he liked it. Chaos would be his name. Turning to Mistral, he asked...

"Ever get the feeling there were fights going on all around you, and dragons over our heads, yet we always seem to miss them?"

Realizing his question was rhetorical, Mistral only smiled and said...

"There is plenty to do around here, that doesn't involve us getting killed. Get to work, lazy bones!"

Returning her comment with a [img]tongue.gif[/img] , Larry knelt down to let Chaos chew on his finger.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 11-04-2001, 08:09 PM   #83
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Surveying the handiwork by their combined efforts, she smiles as Deiter enters the room.

"We're more or less done, I think...minus the roof... I'll go buy a broom to sweep off all this dust."

Without waiting for a reply, she walks off into the streets, her eyes continuing to glitter with a brilliance just recently uncovered.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:19 PM   #84
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sizing up his competition, Sephi tilts his sword inquisitively, trying to get a feel for an attack on the opponets. They quickly break, surrounding Sephi in a triangle formation to keep him off-guard. One of them, a maceman, struck out, but Sephi parried the blow and kneed the man in the stomach. Another of the fighters, this one wielding a flail, swung at Sephi but missed. Still, his chain hooked around Sephi's blade and hoisted it, which is exactly what Sephi was counting on.
He spun with the pull, adding momentum to his fist as he brought it into the flailman's sternum. With a rush of air, he crumpled to the ground and clutched for his chest, wondering what the hell had just happened. Sephi quickly retrieved his blade and turned to the swordsman in the bunch. He didn't look particularly skilled, even though he was the one talking earlier. The best of a bad bunch. Sephi took him out with just a feint jab to the left and an upward slash from the right, slicing him from waist to shoulder.
Taking Jaclyn by the arm, he walked out of the room and through the front door, going back to the One Eyed Wolf tavern.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:29 PM   #85
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She smiles as Deiter kissed her and exhaled as he stepped successfully off the roof. Below in the tavern they could hear the repetitive noises of her hammer. Within ten minutes the roof was looking presentable, and she nodded her head in satisfaction. Now that wasn't so bad! She turns about, carefully treading on her freshly placed shingles. She stepped from the second story roof to the first story overhang, though she was still a good distance off the ground. Her brow furrows, both of her hands were taken. She nods her head. Put the hammer in the box, hook the box on the ladder, climb down, lower the ladder, get the box, exhale. She put the hammer in the box containing the left-over shingles, then hooked it to the end of the ladder. To her horror the ladder started to tip. She whispered, afraid that too much noise would make it fall over.~ "No... no... no!" ~She cringes as the ladder fell to the street, and with a sharp snap, cracked in two. She gave a defeated groan, if she jumped from this height she'd break a leg. Her voice sounded, masking its urgency.~ "Uh... Deiter? Could you um... Come here for a second?"
Old 11-04-2001, 08:33 PM   #86
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

She enters the market square briskly, not bothering to examine the goods on display. Walking straight up to a motherly-looking character, she asks ~ "Would you happen to sell brooms here?"

The seller gives her a mysterious smile. ~ "Oh yes, we do... all sorts of brooms, too... which would you like?" ~ She gives a soft chuckle. ~ "This store is not called 'Greta's Galore' for nothing." ~

Mistral stares at her in amazement. ~ "What sorts do you have?... The one I have in mind is simply for normal household chores."

Greta shoots her another charming smile ~ "Well, if you're willing to pay a bit more... you can have one of my special brooms, that would do just the trick for you... they cost 50 gp each. Interested?" ~ She casts a quizzical look at Mistral.

Her curiousity getting the better of her, Mistral nods. She places the amount in Greta's plump hand and receives a perfectly ordinarily-looking broom in return. ~ This had better be something different... ~ Eyeing it doubtfully, she nevertheless sprints back to the tavern to meet her friends.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]

Old 11-04-2001, 08:39 PM   #87
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter heard Chani calling for him and went outside to see the ladder cracked on the street. He looked up quickly to see that she was alright"Hang in there, I'll go get another one." He went off behind the tavern and found a sturdy ladder now why didn't I see this one before...? Picking it up he rushed back to where Chani was on the roof. Putting it up agains't the building he held it place"Ok, you can climb down now."
Old 11-04-2001, 08:44 PM   #88
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Mistral has helped me by providing a list of D&D spells for a Ranger. At 10th level, I can have one from Level one, and 1 from level 2. I need help deciding, though. Wanna assist me????

Level 1: Alarm (wards an area for 2 hours/level),
Animal Friendship, Delay Poison, Detect Animals or
Plants, Detect Snares and Pits, Entangle, Magic Fang
(one natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 bonus
to attack and damage), Pass Without Trace, Read Magic,
Resist Elements, Speak with Animals, Summon Nature's
Ally I (calls animal to fight for you)

Level 2: Animal Messenger (sends tiny animal to
specific place), Cure Light Wounds (cures 1 d8 +1 /
level damage : max +5), Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law,
Hold Animal (1 round/level), Protection from Elements
(absorb 12 damage/level from one kind of energy),
Sleep (put 2 d4 HD of creatures into comatose
slumber), Snare (magic booby trap), Speak with Plants,
Summon Nature's Ally II
Old 11-04-2001, 08:52 PM   #89
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~She looks skeptically at the ladder, but forces herself to climb down. She half jumps out of her skin after every step, expecting it to fall through. When her foot finally hits the ground exhales loudly. She whispers to herself.~ "If I ever have to go on that roof again..." ~She turns around, caged between the ladder and Deiter, with his arms on either side still holding the ladder. Her eyes flash a sly look at him.~ "My... I'm just having a bad day now aren't I? I fall through a door, the ladder falls over when I attempt to climb down it..." ~A smile equal to her eyes spreads.~ "And now here I am, trapped like an animal." ~She throws her hands up in mock exasperation.~ "What's a poor girl to do?!"
Old 11-04-2001, 09:03 PM   #90
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter grinned at her"I don't know, what do you think you should do?" He smiled, still keeping her stuck between him and the ladder.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]