Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #181
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
I'm good to go and eager to find out what the surprise is. Eager and a little scared... but so long as Oley isn't involved I suppose we'll be ok.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #182
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Great! Now, I just need to hear from Sever before our surprise can be unleashed!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #183
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm still here. [img]smile.gif[/img] Haven't been near a computer since thursday though.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #184
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Make sure you both go to dinner at the Locke Manor promptly.

We'll run the course of this scene out first.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #185
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I think I may be recovering mentally enough to begin RPing again on a limited basis, something light and simple like Oley, but I'm working back up to it slowly. Larry and Dplax have more information about what's going on, but suffice to say it's not pretty and I'll leave it at that.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #186
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Right. Larry let me join this game. My first online RP.

Anyway here is my character (Larry, I added the modifications we have discussed, also few minor points in bio):

Name: Xaver Merlino Jr
Race: dwarf
Class: Cleric of Clangeddin
Domains: War, Heal
Alignement: Neutral Good with Lawful tendencies

Stats:
STR: 13
DEX: 8 (7) - the number in brackets is stat from items, see inventory below.
CON: 16
INT: 11
WIS: 15
CHA: 14

Bio:
Xaver was the eldest son of the high priest in one of the dwarven tribes in Spine of the World Mountains. His father was the famous Xaver Merlino, a local hero and a figure of great renown. Tired of living in the shadow of his father, Xaver Jr decided to make a name for himself as an adventurer. He travelled far away to lands where word of his father's deeds has not yet reached. He worked as mercenary or soldier priest for hire either by himself or through various mercenary companies, but would not take up any job unless he was sure he was working on the side of good. Although a cleric, he would often fight in the frontlines. He joined the Free Legion after few years, where he quickly advanced in ranks. He made a name for himself when he helped in the evacuation of the village of Tardip near Sembia while under heavy orcish fire. He received a medal of honor from the king of Sembia and an offer to join the Sembian army. He agreed and for a year worked as an officer in the elite Royal Guards. After a year news reached him that his father was dying. He came back to his clan. After the death of his father, he refused the position of high priest. After spending most of his fortune on building a new temple of Clangeddin, he went adventuring again.

Personality:
Xaver is a warrior at heart. However, when you are born the son of the high priest you have to become a priest, so Xaver couldn't become a soldier like he wanted to. He is an excellent commander that can both give and take orders. He can make excellent tactical decisions while in battle, but outside battle doesn't like to assume the role of leadership. He believes his divine magic's purpose is aid and heal in battle, so the main spells he uses are healing spells and magical buffs (both offensive and defensive). He rarely uses direct damage dealing magic (e.g flamestrike) or utility magic (e.g find traps), which doesn't mean that he never uses them. He doesn't like summoning spells and never uses any of those. Similarly, he actually prefers to fight undead than turn them (not that his turning is powerful at this level).
Xaver's high charisma comes from his commanding skills rather than his social ones. He's not a good conversationalist and is rather the silent type (that said he is not chronically anti-social). It is hard to earn his respect, but once you do you'd have earned it for life. He doesn't like mages, not because he hates the profession, but rather because most of the mages he's known were sneaky manipulative kinds of people. He does however have great respect for mages who have helped with their spells on the battlefield, or for the serious researchers. He hates thieves and all types of rogues.
Besides fighting, Xaver loves metallurgy. And while he possesses great theoretical knowledge on the subject, he's had little chance to put it in practice.

How he came to Lockesville:
Quite simply he was passing nearby when he was attacked by a group of brigands. In the fight his armor got damaged. Hearing that there is a great Smithy in the town nearby he decided to go there to have it repaired.
Finding the town locked up he had to camp and rest outside. After the town opened he went in and spent a few hours in the tavern where he ate and inquired about the residents od the town and yesterday's incidents.

Appearnace:
Xaver is quite tall for a dwarf 4'8". Otherwise he looks like a typical dwarf. Well built. Brown hair and beard. Unlike many dwarves and priests he doesn't have any tattoos however.
Usually goes around wearing full weapons + armor if possible, displaying his medal of honor as well as any other medals he got.

Level:5

Proficiencies:
Axe (1-handed battleaxe and throwing)
Hammer

Spells:
Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Resistance (3)
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds (1), Bless (2), Protection from Evil (1), Remove Fear (1), + Domain: Cure Light Wounds
Level 2 (4): Aid (1), Resist Elements (1), Slow Poison (1), Bull's Strength (1), + Domain: Cure Moderate Wounds
Level 3 (2): Prayer (2), +Domain: Cure Serious Wounds
Level 4 (1): Cure Critical Wounds (1), +Domain: Cure Critical Wounds

HP: 54

AC: 5

Inventory:
_Axe
_Hammer
_Sling
_Bag of bullets (24)
_Shield of the Battle Captain (see below)
_Helmet
_Gauntlets
_Damaged platemail
Since the platemail is damaged it offers AC of 5 and -1 DEX penalty. Xaver is still wearing it (any protection is better than nothing). The platemail, helmet and gauntlets form a set. The shield displays a large symbol of Clangeddin.
_14GP

Shield of the Battle Captain:
Awarded only to those members of the priesthood of Clangeddin Silverbeard who have risked their lives under apparently hopeless odds in order to support their fellow warriors, these heavy shields greatly prized and bring great esteem to their possessor. Any dwarf will treat the bearer of such a shield as if his charisma were 1 point higher than its natural value. What makes these finely crafted shields truly unique, however, is the pattern of enchanted runes that is etched into their surfaces in the form of a pair of crossed axes. In time of battle, once per day, the faithful priest can activate their power by means of a special invocation of the Father of Battles. Once activated the pattern of the runic marks glows with a silver light. So long as the glow remains (1 round/level of the priest) the priest is under the effects of a special blessing: He attacks in melee as if he were a fighter of the same level and all his attacks are at +1 to hit and damage.

[ 05-23-2006, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 PM   #187
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Note to all...Just bumping the Map up for use...

By the way...Kasimno's house is lootable.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-23-2006, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #188
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That was a great first post, ZFR!
I am impressed.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:46 AM   #189
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
Edward has one servant for dinner.
Blimey! What does he have for dessert?! [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #190
ZFR
Legion Symbol

whew! Finally finished reading the whole thread. All 12 pages of it.