Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Hello!

On monday after the last test in school for this year i will run to the local gameshop and buy World of Warcraft.

So... i've been reading on worldofwarcraft.com and decided to play a tauren hunter with herbalism and alchemy on ravenholt and i will be using a bow!

What do you think of that?

and I would like some starting tips maybe? (and yes, i have read the wow-sticky thread!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

/bubbe

[ 05-18-2006, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: bubbe ]
Old 05-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Don't mean to sound hostile if I do but, you can expect some problems from other players f you pick hunter. Hunter is often considerred "easy mode" by other players. So if you make the hunter, I hope you odn't make it your main. Also, play on Stonemaul, cause that's the server I'm on [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*blushes at his Hunter main*

Bah, I played before hunters got buffed...I am old school

Hunters can be fun, but I think of it as a Roleplay POV (I play on a roleplaying server).

Although I have rolled a warrior 'cause my hunter bores me. I only raid with him.

For levelling Beastmaster is the quickest, but is pretty (in my opinion) useless in end-game. I would suggest taking your time levelling and enjoy all the work the dev's put in the game.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

"I would suggest taking your time levelling and enjoy all the work the dev's put in the game."

Hehe yeah! I'm not a hardcore gamer that rush to lvlcap... i want to enjoy the game and do quests, look for good items and just have a good time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, hunter is a "bad" class to start with huh? well... i got three days to change my mind so, i will think about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well I enjoyed levelling my hunter. It's kind of a strange class...we are one of, if not the best solo-ers out there.

In groups, however, we have one main purpose - DPS (Damage). We can do other things but we do not do them half as good as other classes.

Warriors, priests, these are the ones all groups need.

It's not like you can't stop playing hunter if you don't want to. I say try it out, if you like it then carry on, if not make a new character.

[ 05-18-2006, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #6
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

"It's not like you can't stop playing hunter if you don't want to. I say try it out, if you like it then carry on, if not make a new character."

Hehe yeah, i will try it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I got 40 characterslots to use right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think I will go as i said in my first post. Tauren hunter , herbalism/alchemy and I will return in a few days and tell you what I think about it.

Thank you.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

You get ten character slots per server, but you can delete them if you really don't want to play them again. Wouldn't advise it until you have no space left.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I too have to say hunter is great. I played back when they got nerfed and continued when they got buffed [img]smile.gif[/img] . Regardless, they are a very fun class with much RP potential. Go hunter if that's where you want to go, I love mine.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I have a lowbie hunter and they're a lot of fun. Consider an Orc becuase of the pet racial ability -- plus tauren start with gun and have to train bow, orcs start with bow.

Yes, enjoy levelling, take your time. You will only level up your first time once. After that you'll be power-levelling -- so enjoy the beauty that is WoW as much as you can your first time through.

And, don't kid yourself, hunters have a big job in all groups, even raid groups. Pulling. Hunters are the perfect pullers because they have 3, yes 3, ways to ditch aggro. Hunters have essential pulls in Molten Core on Baron Geddon, Shazzrah (depending on how you do it) and Golemagg, for instance. They also have a special tranquil shot ability that's needed on Magdamar.

So, when you finally get to level 60 you *will* be valuable and needed.

Enjoy!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not to mention a deadly "pin-cussion machine" in PvP. It's true though, forget about powerplay for now and enjoy the WoW experience because it is a beautiful, immersive game to the newcomer. I think in a way we all envy you because as with all things, sooner or later the magic fades.