Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I'm taking tomorrow off from work to go see this movie, anyone else? there's a great trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...man_2/trailer/
Old 06-29-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Spider-Man will be here a next month but the trailer looks delicious.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Think it premieres here on the 9th... I'm definetly seeing it.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:58 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

It's already out. I will be watching it tomorrow. hehehe I hope!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I have my ticket for 7pm tonight. </font>
Old 06-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
slimjimosu
Dungeon Master

just got back from it and i thought it was pretty sweet. Lots of action, some superhero doubts (ala superman 2) and set up the next movie's villain(s) very well. Doc Oc was very well acted by Alfred Molina. Overall just a fun summer movie. Delivers what you expect.
slimjimosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:37 PM   #7
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

According to my newspaper and www.hollywood.com, my local theater had it at 7 & 7:30 (the only times I could make it today). Got there, waited in line, the 7 o'clock show was sold out, and there WAS NO 7:30 SHOW ! ! (mutter, grumble, gripe). I'll try again tomorrow night.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:21 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saw it this morning, loved it, Doc Ock was a great villain, and it was a very fun look at his more human side (as a reader I don't get to collect all the comics, and it was nice to see him as more than an evil genius bent on destruction).

There was some cementing of players in the spiderman legacy and a few cameo's, Mr Stan Lee was onscreen again (longer than the split second he was on for S1), and Bruce Campbell had another appearance, he was the wrestling announcer in the first one, and an usher at the theater in this one.

Dr. Conners had several moments onscreen and I can' wait to see the Lizard in an upcoming movie. I was rather distraught to see Vargas die in the first one (he's on the Oscorp board of directors - the guy in the wheelchair, and he later became the vulture in the comic). J Jonah Jameson is brilliant, and a very accurate picture of the comic character and his attitudes/reactions, in one part he's bemoaning having chased spiderman away, and then moments later (after spidey returns) he's cursing him out to his staff about how much of a menace he is. All in all a great movie, but a one or two points were a bit disappointing to me personally.

Spoilers

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

still looking?

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

boy you're persistent

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

I think he revealed himself to too many people at the end, MJ (She knew long before peter told her in the comic, but didn't actually make the connection in the movie), Harry (couldn't really be helped and it worked out really well), Doctor Octopus (shouldn't have necessarily been shown), everyone on the train (again couldn't really be helped, but at least no one broke out a camera and it was handled very well.

[ 06-30-2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 07-01-2004, 12:49 AM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I just got back from the movie theater and I thought it was an excellent movie, it really portrayed Spiderman's life as it was in the comic books. Alfred Molina did a great job playing Doc Oc, and I want to know who'll play the villian in the next movie (probably the lizard man, but I'm hoping for Venom). As to what Morgeruat said, well...
Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.
I'll admit that more people found out his identity may have been a bit much, but what would it have mattered, I mean, for the people on the train. They don't know who he is, and with a million people in New York, the odds aren't all that good of them bumping into him again. As for Doc Oc, I think it's going to become tradition that the villian knows who the hero is before he's beaten.

Again, great movie [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 PM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yup great movie for me. A bit cheesy for critical people but hey... I just enjoyed it as much as the first one

Octopus was better than the green goblin... opponent -wise. Because acting-wise, wow the actors were both great

And yes, I was surprised at the train... but then all I could say was...
FINALLY!!! ARGH!!! The movie has made me ache also with Peter not telling MJ... stupid sill little boy! hahahaha. Yup, Lizard. Hope they make a third one... I hope. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote