Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2001, 02:38 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I want Sarevoks alligment to change to CG, however since i didnt ask him to give his word last time and nothing happend. Maybe i should do it this time, however this sounds like an evil act to me so how can it turn him into a good guy?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:51 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

During the course of the game, Sarevok will ask you several questions on what you plan to do with your essence. He will try to persuade you to exploit your power and become a tyrant, you must refuse his advances( with tact) and eventually you will make him ponder his path. Done successfully, he will renounce his life of evil and turn over a new leaf.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 02:56 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
During the course of the game, Sarevok will ask you several questions on what you plan to do with your essence. He will try to persuade you to exploit your power and become a tyrant, you must refuse his advances( with tact) and eventually you will make him ponder his path. Done successfully, he will renounce his life of evil and turn over a new leaf.

I finished the game with him and the only dialog he gave me was with Viconia!
Should i ask for his word or not?
Old 10-27-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I finished the game with him and the only dialog he gave me was with Viconia!
Should i ask for his word or not?
Not sure about that, but then I always made him swear the geas, so that could be it.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 06:06 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Does anybody else know?
Old 10-28-2001, 07:07 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I made him swear the geas and it didn't happen for me either

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 01:14 AM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I didn't make him swear the geas, had some interesting philosophical conversations with him, but by the time I ended the game he was still evil.
Not that it made any difference, all that bothered me was his incessant "We are a poor match" spiel.
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 11:32 AM   #8
Debaser

from what i've heard, it shouldn't matter if you make Sarevok accept the geas or not. the major factor in his alignment change is the way you answer his questions and how you converse with him.....you need to show mercy, not be blood-thirsty or evil in your answers, and say that you don't plan on extracting revenge on him. just show him that there are other options other than vengeance and hatred, etc. etc., blah blah blah.
i haven't yet done the whole Sarevok CG-alignment change, but i'm going to kick Minsc out of my party today and put Sarevok in, so i can actually do this and see what happens.
to be on the safe side, though, i'm not going to make him accept the geas...looks like that's caused a problem for a few of you guys.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 07:31 AM   #9
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I didn't make him take the geas and he changed to chaotic good for me, only happened right near the end of the game though.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 03:05 PM   #10
Byronas

I didn't hnow that you can change Sarevok's alignment! Thanks guys!!!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.
Leader of Keldorn's Order