Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2002, 10:33 AM   #1
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Anybody else like playing with fuel powered miniature vehicles? So far I've got two off-road cars, and an air boat. I'm hoping to win an auction for a plane on ebay. It's a REALLY good deal.

The cars are a blast. The boat is a pain. Air boats are a little top heavy and need calm water so they won't flip. I found this out the hard way by trial and error. When it inevitably dies in the water, you have to swim out to get it or have a row boat. It's fun when I get it on a calm pond though! The thing screams when it's wide open! I think the toughest part of RC is finding a good place to use the vehicles. I have almost as much fun tweaking and tuning them as I do driving them.

I have a questionfor anyone experienced. How hard is plane flying? I'm trying to get a top wing trainer. They are supposed to be the easiest to control and slowest flying. Is two acres enough to fly on? If the engine dies, can you glide in or do you always crash?
Old 08-01-2002, 10:42 AM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes i did trying to use plane flying and that was wery cool, i think i do that for a year then some thing happend my plane fly stright in to a damn bus with 50 people inside and the bus drive off the road LOL but none get hurt but the police hated me after that so i don`t do things like that anymore hehe! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-01-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 08-01-2002, 10:48 AM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Yup! Mostly RC gliders... some cars and powered planes. I just got a real neat RC sim for the pc. It's RealFlight G2. A little pricy but real good...fantastic graphics.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 08-01-2002, 10:52 AM   #4
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

A bus! I can only imagine the look on the drivers face as he saw a miniature plane flying straight at his windsheild! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Did your plane have big red dots on the wings you crazy kamakazi?

Woo-hoo! Bansai!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 11:11 AM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
A bus! I can only imagine the look on the drivers face as he saw a miniature plane flying straight at his windsheild!

Did your plane have big red dots on the wings you crazy kamakazi?

Woo-hoo! Bansai!!!!!!!
Nah the stupid plane fly stright in to front window on the bus and i think it scared the driver alot lol so i think he hated me to [img]smile.gif[/img] and the bus drive wery slowly so that was not any danger for the passengers i think hehe!
Old 08-01-2002, 11:50 AM   #6
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Yup! Mostly RC gliders... some cars and powered planes. I just got a real neat RC sim for the pc. It's RealFlight G2. A little pricy but real good...fantastic graphics.
Should I practice with a sim first or just fly the trainer? How difficult is it to land? I've got good hand-eye coordination. Not clumsy with controls.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Should I practice with a sim first or just fly the trainer? How difficult is it to land? I've got good hand-eye coordination. Not clumsy with controls.[/QUOTE]Let me put it this way...it's very realistic. The basic package comes with a couple of gliders, 4-5 powered planes a ducted fan, and several helios

Old 08-01-2002, 04:18 PM   #8
SecretMaster
Apophis

BTW, i have this discussion all the time with my friends, is the RC standing for Radio Controlled, or Race Car???
Old 08-01-2002, 04:22 PM   #9
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
BTW, i have this discussion all the time with my friends, is the RC standing for Radio Controlled, or Race Car???
RC is Radio Control. Their call RC cars, RC planes, RC boats.

Old 08-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #10
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i crashed a friends helicopter, and he wasnt too mad (luckily) he said that is is EXTREMELY hard to do, and it happens. PHEW!!!
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century