Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #1
scubajack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help finding the best 1 handers throughout the game i know celestial fury kicks butt and equalizer but i want the best ones for early in the game like celestial fury because its not even a quest then theres quests for stuff like the ring of gaxx and the staff of the magi that is totally butt kicking weapon, for mages of course,so if anyone knows of any sweet quested weapons like the staff of the magi and stuff like that but 1 handed swords help me out would PALEASEEEEE lol..
scubajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 09:23 PM   #2
Artemis Entreri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Daystar.The one u get from the lich in ??? district of Athkatla
Rith, the Awakener 3colorless 1 fire forest and planis<br /><br />Flying<br /><br />Whenever Rith, the Awakener deals combat damage to a player u may pay 2 colorless mana and 1 green.Choose a color. Put a 1/1 green saproling token into play for each permanent of that color in play of that color<br /> <br /> 6/6
Artemis Entreri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 09:25 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

The Blade of Roses is a great sword too. It's a +3 longsword which gives a +2 bonus to your charisma - you can buy it from Bernard at the Copper Coronet in the slums district.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

As far as "Quest" weapons go, talk to Nalia in the Copper Coronet, and she'll give you a quest with an Axe & a Flail, both of which are quite nice.

There's a good Club and an interesting Long Sword as part of the Druid Grove quest.

Talk to Renal Bloodscalp in the Docks District for a decent Short Sword.

If you're Evil, take the Illithium quest and make sure you look for the REAL Illithium. You'll get a nice Dagger at the end.

A similar Dagger will be found doing the quests to free Haer'Dalis, as well, along with a good Short Sword and a Long Sword.

Or, if you're a masochist in need of a Mace, do the Unseeing Eye quest very early in the game, suffer through its relentless pain and fatigue, and once you're done, go back to the Temple that gave you the quest and be rewarded with the Dumbest Mace in Faerun.

I'm not listing a lot of weapons here, even if they're good, simply because they're not part of a big 'quest.' (Such as the nice loot from Draug Fea & Co. in the sewers.)
Old 05-10-2002, 06:48 AM   #5
Hanz123
The Magister

I don't know exactly, but I advice you to use more points in your text. I got a headache trying to read your post.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:59 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

A really useful sword can be found at City Gates - well, after killing a lich. Another good sword can be found at the graveyard. Also, you can buy an interesting sword at Trademeet.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:19 AM   #7
Cannibal Monkey
The Magister

ooh, tell me more about the short swords!
Old 05-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Enough Short Swords to keep you goin:
Arbane's Sword+2 - Loot from a waylay very early in the game (like the 1st time you enter the Temple District)
Kundane+2 - Loot inside the Planar Prison
Ilbratha+1 - Go to the Umar Hills & talk to Daar
Short Sword of Backstabbing - Talk to Renal Bloodscalp in the Docks District
Old 05-11-2002, 07:51 PM   #9
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I just LOVE Celestial Fury... heaps good weapon... specially when You have downloaded a pretty good(and not overpowered) Upgrade for it .
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 09:17 PM   #10
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i agree with glor ther CF is a good sword but for a theif player a good sword is the cutthroat. belm +2 is my favorite 1 handed sword overall though(you get it in sauhagin city). but then i dont use 1 handed swords anymore. its all about casomyr
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote