Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 07:08 AM   #1
robo donkey
Manshoon

Which sword is best, Lilacor or Joril's Dagger? (from the copper coronet bonus merchant)
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

LILARCOR:
Immune to charm
Imune to confusion
1d10+3

JORILS DAGGER:
May confuse creatures hit
1d10+3, +1 cold damage

Hmm, tough one. I'd say Jorils Dagger.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:14 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Joril's Dagger is the best offensively, but Lilarcor offers handy immunities. I'd say keep 'em both in your quick weapon slots. Use Joril's Dagger by default, but if you're up against something that might confuse or charm you, like an Umber Hulk or some spellcaster, switch to Lilarcor.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
Joril's Dagger is the best offensively, but Lilarcor offers handy immunities. I'd say keep 'em both in your quick weapon slots. Use Joril's Dagger by default, but if you're up against something that might confuse or charm you, like an Umber Hulk or some spellcaster, switch to Lilarcor.

SPOILER

At certain points in the game, you will acquire quite a few protection from charm helmets. Confusion is a bad spell however. Haven't seen it cast on my melees yet with their helmets on. I also thought enraging and berserking cause an npc not to be susceptible to mental effects like those two. Don't quote me.

So you are then asking, "what if the melee guy can't berserk or enrage?" It's the same as going into battle with the jorils in hand first to know you have just been charmed.

I'm saying to equip lilacor first. If the npcs arent casting spells that seems to affect the mind, switch. Would be bad if it was the opposite: go in with jorils, they cast, you are charmed and mad like a mofo.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:51 AM   #5
Van Richten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i let Minsc use "Lilarcor" since that guy is pretty easy to confuse........but generally i think that you shoud use that