Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 02:43 PM   #1
Gustave
The Magister

My Jaheira died during the Druidgrove quest in Trademeet. Is it a bug, or???
Old 06-24-2001, 02:53 PM   #2
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

How did she die - just died with no reason? Or are you looking for resurrection means?

------------------
Old 06-24-2001, 02:55 PM   #3
Gustave
The Magister

She died in a fight with the Trolls in that stupid troll mound. She didn't get "chunked" because her portrait is still there.
Old 06-24-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

you have to use a resurrect spell/scroll on her or get to the nearest temple and have the priest bring her back to life.
remember to pick up all her gear or you will have to acquire all new stuff for her.

sorry she died. but it happens. i would be surprised if anyone has gone thru the game with no party members dying on them.

btw, keep your eyes open....there is a rod of resurrection in the game. it has only 3 charges on it, but it really comes in handy.

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 03:09 PM   #5
Gustave
The Magister

I forgot to stick a helmet on her, and a troll got a critical hit..heh. I tried taking her to a temple, and it says "Raise dead(or whatever the spells is..tried resurrect too)" Jaheira" then "Death- Jaheira"

She has died before and revived with no problem at all, as did almost every character except my paladin(my char)

[This message has been edited by Gustave (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 03:17 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think if a character sufferes massive damage, you can't resurrect them. To prevent this you should put the game difficulty level on "normal" (i.e. not on Core Rules). Level normal means you receive max hitpoints when leveling up (so you don't have to reload all the time :hehe, you can't fail at write magic (putting spells in your spell book) and no character can permanently die.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-24-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustave:
I forgot to stick a helmet on her, and a troll got a critical hit..heh. I tried taking her to a temple, and it says "Raise dead(or whatever the spells is..tried resurrect too)" Jaheira" then "Death- Jaheira"

She has died before and revived with no problem at all, as did almost every character except my paladin(my char)

I think I know what is happeneing. When you try and resurrect her the computer rolls for a ressurect survival and she fails it. That is why you can not ressurect her. What is her current Constitution Stat.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 06-24-2001).]

Old 06-24-2001, 03:31 PM   #8
Gustave
The Magister

Nalia(only using her till I get Imoen back) died in that battle as well. She revived with no problem at all. But Jaheira,, who died in the same manner, didn't.

Her con stat is 17

Old 06-24-2001, 03:34 PM   #9
BladeMaster

Her resurrect Survival is 98%. But from the looks of it unless it is a bug, she only had a 2% fail rate and she happened to fail the roll.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-24-2001, 03:37 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

wow...weird.
okay im at trademeet and just allowed j to die retrieving the mantle of waukeen.
entered the temple and approached the priest.
chose the caduceus icon, and highlighted the dead j's face.
all the options are greyed out except for two: resurrection and raise the dead.
chose resurrection.
pressed the "buy" button.
she's there, but all red. so decided to apply my own healing spells to her. OMG! she applied her own spells to herself! wotta girl!!!

'kay... reload.
picking the caduceus, picking j's picture.
this time i'm choosing "raise the dead"
pressing the "buy" button.
and......
she's back.
she only tossed off one healing spell this time, but anomen and aerie are applying "poison" and healing on her.

awww... such a nice party i have.

i can't think what is wrong with yours. when it says "Death-Jaheira" where does it say that? in the buy window?

maybe if you reload from just before and try again..... ??? like getting crit hits.. if you re-try enough times you will make it.

sorry i know thats not much help

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-24-2001).]