Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2003, 07:20 AM   #1
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Thats again me and my solo kensai [img]smile.gif[/img] The ever-limited one [img]smile.gif[/img]

The question is - how to kill liches/other powerful mages?? Nb that I am EVIL => no Azuredge...

And I seem to fail to force the certain door in Gate District which would lead to an another lich-killing weapon.

I have the Flame Tongue that surely would help me against liches if I manage to dispell their PfMW and Stoneskin somehow.

Any suggestions??
Old 05-28-2003, 07:26 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Get all your resistances as high as you can, and wait out their buffs. Then bash 'em good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 07:39 AM   #3
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
Get all your resistances as high as you can
The "get" one is the problem. Saves are still too high, eqipment is still too scarce.

I think I have to clarify the question. The liches I think of are the Elemental, Shade and Gaax [img]smile.gif[/img] Kangaax would be dealt in proper time in a way I already know of.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:58 AM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

buff your self with potions of invulnerability, fire resistance, speed, etc. then go hack and slash! remember, PFMW only lasts 4 rounds, which is 24 secs.(1 round=6 secs, 4x6=24, for those who are wondering). after he casts that, run! return after 24 secs, but watch the feedback incase he recasts it. i dont think this will work with the improved liches, since they have the ability to drag your character(s) to him.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 08:06 AM   #5
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

What about Stoneskins, FireShields of various colors, Imprisonment and Maze??

Be aware that I am solo!! Maze/Imprisonment=death/Power Word: Reload [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 09:04 AM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
What about Stoneskins, FireShields of various colors, Imprisonment and Maze??

Be aware that I am solo!! Maze/Imprisonment=death/Power Word: Reload [img]smile.gif[/img]
hmmm...not much, i guess. if you absolutely have to, use the ultimate cheese by using a PfU or PfM scroll(PrU wont work with imp. liches)

Old 05-28-2003, 09:10 AM   #7
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

And why would the PfM scroll be considered a cheese? It was my life-savior back in BG I in the Iron Throne HQ [img]smile.gif[/img]

PfU is the other possible way, but it will be my last resort. Any other way?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You can buy Potions of MR and Magic Blocking at Roger The Fence
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #9
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
And I seem to fail to force the certain door in Gate District which would lead to an another lich-killing weapon.
You need an exceptionally high strength to bash this particular door open. IIRC, anything less than 23 just won't do, with 24 or 25 being ideal (you won't have to do the tedious f2->click on door, rinse and repeat routine with a 24 or 25 strength here). If you don't want to shell out for a potion of cloud/storm giant strength, then quaff a potion of stone/frost and draw upon holy might. Hang on, you're evil, looks like you'll have to spend a little cash here afterall . It's worth it for the Undead Mincer though.

BTW, buff all you want, but if you're playing the improved liches, your lovely protections will be dispelled very quickly indeed.

Another way, pay Gaelan, visit Aran, finish his quests, and clear out Bohdi's tomb to get the
spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Mace of Disruption. A kensai will hit a lich before he has his protections up (provided you have stood where he will spawn - don't underestimate a zero speed factor). Just hope the -4 save kicks in and destroys him.

[ 05-28-2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 12:08 PM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

you can also find a potion of storm giant strenght from the Temple of Talos(suprise suprise) for free!