Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I'm trying to change my password for my aol AIM account, and to do this I'm required to answer the security question. Problem is, I can't remeber it.

I remeber my password. I remember all the details I put ther, but not the security question. But if I want to change my password I need the SN answer. If I want to reset my passowrd, I need the SN answer. If I want to change my SN answer... I still need the SN answer.

This is so retarded. If you forgot your passowrd, you can reset it using SN, but if you forgot SN answer, you can't do anything about it. Pathetic. If they operate like this they might as well forget about the passowrd and have SN as the only thing you need to remember...

Any help by any chance?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I remember having a problem with my account and I was locked out of receiving my e-mails from my ISP. I called them and they were very helpful, resetting my password for me to "orange" once they confirmed me as the legitimate user of the account. I could then log in and change that password to whatever I wanted. I would assume, with hopes that AOL is as customer friendly as Time Warner's RoadRunner CS, that they could easily reset all of your options to a generic one on their end and then let you do your thing once they confirm you.

BTW...my wife and I share a bank account and the problem with this is that she cannot remember my security questions as easily as I can, and those stupid questions are always personal, and almost never "shared" experiences. Therefore, we use a generic word that both of us know for all three questions so that neither of us has to try to remember three different historical facts about one another.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I never use my security question, or if it is compulsury I just fill the answer with junk. Simply because I don't forget my passwords, so never have any use for it... and I'm paranoid that if I answer properly, someone knowing my personal info might get my password.

I have been changing my aol password reguraly for some 10 years now and it never required me to know security answer. this is something new and it's just plain stupid.

For all I know I haven't even set a security question. I googled and read some user's comments. AOL told them that they haven't set up their security question. And when they try setting it up, they are asked for... their security question answer...

[ 03-31-2007, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 03-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like it is time for you to fire them for their lack of quality service.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote