Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
DarkRider
The Magister

Who hates Aerie ?

please reply ill reply on this later [img]smile.gif[/img]

its because theres an aerie loving thingy around here

and ill like to kill it [ RPG online ]

if you like aerie they will glady accept u as member

** anny qeustions about the Aerie Hater Clubs **

just PM me [img]smile.gif[/img]

WaveRider ==> he likes Aerie

hes our 2 emeny

first comes Avantar

hes the leader of Aerie Loving **BAD WORD**
Old 09-06-2002, 04:32 PM   #2
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

I don't like or dislike Aerie; on the other hand, I find the whole tone of the ALSB and its associated temple so ludicrous that it deserves to be ridiculed. That's why I started the KFA thread last year that so quickly grew out of proportion. I don't want to join your Aerie-haters thing - I have my own plans to resurrect the KFA - but I'll wish you good luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You MUST be kidding. Aerie ROCKS!

I'm curious as to whether Aerie can demand "reasonable accomodation" in the party due to her disability.

Actually, come to think of it, the thing that annoyed me most about Aerie was her equation: (I lost my wings) + (must now live among groundlings) = (I am sh*t). I always thought that attitude condescending to people who have bad accidents or experiences and have resulting mental, emotional, and/or physical disabilities. Must we assume they have no choice other than to wallow in their own malaise? Disgusting, really.

Course, had I played out Aeries story (I told her she was worthless when she kept dissing my main gal Jaheira), I might have found it was the tale of how someone can turn such mailaise around for the better.

Dunno, cause I want to KFA!!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 04:57 PM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

LONG LIVE VICONIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Imoen too, but she's not romanceable thanks to the guy pulling outta Gal's project.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Dunno, cause I want to KFA!!!!
Are you serious? If so, please PM me.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

ASLB? KFA? What are those? BTW, I wonder if Aerie could get my character one of those Handicapped mirror tags so he can park right in front of the mall. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Jeffi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

ALSB = Aerie Loving Sacred Band

KFA = Kentucky Fried Aeire

Both a bunch of weirdos for the most part, but I would tend to side with the ALSB due to me not really being into Avariel based junk food.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
ALSB = Aerie Loving Sacred Band

KFA = Kentucky Fried Aeire

Both a bunch of weirdos for the most part, but I would tend to side with the ALSB due to me not really being into Avariel based junk food.
Actually, it's Kentucky Fried Avariel, but who's nitpicking? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Essentially, about a year ago the members of the ALSB and its associated Holy Temple of Aerie were being rather obnoxious all over the board by their constant praises to their favorite BG2 character. Several people objected, but nothing could really be done about it because they really weren't breaking any board rules. I got the idea for a joke that I just HAD to post, and the rest, as they say, is history. I found the initial thread back on page 214, y'all can check it out here
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=2;t=010273
and decide for yourselves. At any rate, it really seemed to strike a chord with people; some found it quite funny & wanted to join the staff, while others (mostly the ALSB) were not amused. Things escalated quickly, and the whole thing eventually covered several threads and spilled over into two or three other forums. The story ended with the ALSB forces destroying the KFA building, with the proprietor (yours truly) and Drongo (the head chef) managing to escape.

I could be wrong, but I like to think that the whole situation led to the creation of the Online Roleplaying forum. At any rate, I'm getting some ideas together for a game that I can moderate over there, so y'all may hear from the KFA again soon!

[ 09-06-2002, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Desuma Malevois ]
Old 09-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Alright. I have no more of a life than the next boardie, but even I draw the line at devotion a society just to despise a char. This is where Jerr should step in.. Hells, I'll do it myself.

Sure Aerie's annoying. But come on. If you could fly, see such beauty.. Have you heard her describe her city? It was like a utopian society she lived in. And now, because of filthy slavers, she can never live that life again. I sure as hell wouldn't be too happy about it. If you romance her you help her cope with it, and she doesn't act so pathetic. She didn't have anyone to help her through it.. remember, she just sat around in a cage ever since she lost her wings. Personally, I don't know why Quayle didn't have a Greater Restoration spell cast on her, but what's done is done.

To make a char special, you need something to make them stick in your mind. Jan has his turnip obsession, Xan is so pessimistic he makes the cloud's silver lining look like the sixth sign of the apocolypse, Khalid stuttered, Safana needed a cold shower, Korgan needs a straightjacket, Haer'Dalis has a bird fixation, and Cernd makes your garden-variety New Ager look like an industrial polluter.

Good or bad, a char needs to stick out. You have no right to criticze Aerie if you haven't played through the romance. How can one condemn what they do not fully understand?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #10
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Alright. I have no more of a life than the next boardie, but even I draw the line at devotion a society just to despise a char. This is where Jerr should step in.. Hells, I'll do it myself.
I would tend to agree; on the other hand, what do you think of the formation of a society to glorify, even deify, the same character? This is, of course, an attempt at pseudo-roleplaying, and one must keep in mind that it's only a game [img]smile.gif[/img] . I do think that Darkrider might have been better served to post this thread over at the Online Roleplaying forum. At any rate, while only he can explain his motive, I'll speculate that it has to do not with the hatred of Aerie but with the desire to create a dark analog to the ALSB (coupled, perhaps, with the rivalry that he and Waverider seem to have with each other ).