Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 04:21 AM   #41
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

When allegations like that can be bought of for the sum of $13,000,000, then true justice is an illusion. If there is gonna be a trial, it will be a charade, because he is already found guilty and condemned.

And as for the parents killing the molester: there is nothing wrong with that and if it were to happen, it's the cops fault because it is their duty to keep the molester as far away from the parents as possible. I don't have any kids so I have little understanding of how it works, but I would fear for the molester's life if he were to come near me....
Old 11-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #42
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
This thread only reaffirms my notion as a lawyer that people rush to judgment without knowing any facts. We are less that 12 hours distant from the arrest warrant, less than 24 from the search warrant, and you folks have made up your minds. Which is exactly why if you were a jury, you'd get a 30 minute speech from the judge regarding the merits of "presumed innocent until proven guilty." It's a damned shame.
I tend to agree with Timber.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:04 AM   #43
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalamar Stormcrow:

----------------------------

You have directed hostility towards Micheal Jackson and made an uninformed opinion about him. That defines prejudice.
I have made an informed opinion. The man paid vast sums of money to a minor to keep the case from court, an allegation he nor his lawyers have ever denied. He refused to go to court when allegations of paedophillia were filed against him. I have formed an opinion yes, It doesn't necessarily mean I'm prejudice against him. Let him stand before a court and be counted, as any innocent man faced with the same allegations would do. Jacksons actions lead me to my conclusions, I'm neither a complete ignoramus nor completely prejudicial, we could equally say you are non hostile and therefore prejudice of any facts laid in front of you bar those of your own opinions. Jacksons actions speak volumes, those are the non prejudicial facts I base my personal opinions on. [/QUOTE]You dont know every single thing that happened there. The kid might not like MJ, and slandered him. Since this is not the first time, people are certain that he did this. Only three people know what happened. Micheal Jackson, and no one wants to believe him, the 'victim' whom everyone will believe, and God, who wont testify.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:07 AM   #44
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
I'm seated comfortably with the innocent until proven guilty crowd. MJ might be a weird-o-naut, but until a judge and/or jury hears the facts and makes a ruling in this case, I'm staying flatly neutral. Especially due to the potential of charges being sought in the interest of profiting.
Chewi, i tend to agree with you and Timber Loftis. In the country which the trial shall take place, the suspect is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Micheal Jackson has not been taken to a court of law for over 10 years, so he has been proven innocent in both allegations. But the masses may believe what they want to.

[ 11-20-2003, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:27 AM   #45
Niadh
Elminster

I am curious how it will turn out.

In my opinion, Jackson is VERY nieve. Watch the documentary about him, by Bashir. He doesn't think that having some kids round to stay is bad. Some people seem to, but what about sending your kid to Uncle Bob's house? Is that OK? Or having the neighbour in while you go out?

He does highly profilic actions, usually in the wrong way. Such as his shwoing off of NEw Child. A better place would have been in a quiet area with him inside, not from a window several floors up.

Jackson wants to be loved by children it seems (documentary again), but does it all the wrong way. He invites some round, has them stay in his bed etc. The ones that stay in his bed don't share it with Jackson, he is on the floor or elsewhere. He could easilly take a few children to Neverland for a day and not have a sleepover, improving things.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-20-2003, 12:21 PM   #46
Donut
Jack Burton

Allegedly - when Neverland was raided yesterday Police found Class A drugs in the bathroom, Class B drugs in the kitchen and Class 4c in the bedroom!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-20-2003, 01:13 PM   #47
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

About bloody time. This guy has been allowed out among kids for far too long, and if the baby dangling didn't convince people of that, then the Martin Bashir interview should have. Not to mention the previous charges.
I find him suggesting that people are trying to ruin the release of his album quite pathetic, and although I loved a lot of his (earlier) work, I have lost nearly all respect for the 'man'.
Oh, and I can totally understand where some of you guys are coming from...I'd give Jacko the good news with a Colt Python too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Allegedly - when Neverland was raided yesterday Police found Class A drugs in the bathroom, Class B drugs in the kitchen and Class 4c in the bedroom!!
That has the stink of a Graham Norton joke

[ 11-20-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 11-20-2003, 11:28 PM   #48
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

10 years ago he was accused but that's it. We don't know anything else about it. So now he's getting charged and we still know nothing about it.
I don't know about where you live but around here you could get your children taken away from you if you are even accused of being a child abuser let alone charged (forever even if you are proven innocent) and not just the kids you have now but any you might have in the future. If you could pay to keep children services out of it you would and he certainly has money to spare so why wouldn't he.
If you were as odd as MJ how would you feel if someone accused you and being a child molester? If it came down to your word against the childs and everyone will believe you did it since you're so darn weird would you throw as much money at it as you could?
10 years ago his accusation got huge publicity so imagine what it would have been like if he was charged? It would have been even worse. So by keeping it out of the courts he cut down the damage to his image.
I've never liked MJ's music and I hate his videos! and I think he is the weirdest person I've ever seen!
He is soo weird I really have absolutely no idea what goes through his head so how can any of you? Just because he is strange does not make him a pedophile, it makes him strange!
I think we should wait and see and decide when we actually have some real info.

PS. What boggles my mind is would you let your children sleep over at MJ's house? If stupidity was a crime I think the parents should be charged!
Old 11-20-2003, 11:56 PM   #49
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
In the case of Michael Jackson, it would make perfect sense. Assume - for a moment - that he is completely innocent. He lives a reclusive lifestyle on a private ranch/amusement park/recreation facility/etc etc. He has a long standing habit of inviting young children to visit his ranch/amusement park and to even have a "sleepover" in his own home. The parents for these children are provided free lodging in hotels located at Neverland also. Everything goes great, until one of the children or parents suddenly sees an opportunity to get a lot of money. All they have to do is claim Michael Jackson molested one of the children attending one of his "sleepovers". Now Jackson is in a "No Win" situation. The allegations are going to boil down to his word vs his accuser.....and the general public will certainly feel that a 13 yr old is telling the truth, no matter what he says. Also, a trial will take several months to resolve, which will take away from Jackson's time to work on his records and videos. There will be graphic allegations leveled at the singer, and these allegations will remain in the public's mind even if they are later proven to be false.

So Jackson can either face a long and humiliating trial or he can attempt to negotiate a settlement with the accusers. Even if he were to win his trial, most people will claim that he wasn't convicted because of his celebrity status anyway.
i beleive in this kind of point of view.

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-21-2003, 03:21 AM   #50
Azimaith
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

When allegations like that can be bought of for the sum of $13,000,000, then true justice is an illusion. If there is gonna be a trial, it will be a charade, because he is already found guilty and condemned.

And as for the parents killing the molester: there is nothing wrong with that and if it were to happen, it's the cops fault because it is their duty to keep the molester as far away from the parents as possible. I don't have any kids so I have little understanding of how it works, but I would fear for the molester's life if he were to come near me....
Thats not true and you know it Zuvio, or of course, maybe you don't. Lets face it, I know many people here have absolutely no faith whatsoever in our police force and especially in our judicial branch of government, whether this is one of those things that is supposedly "cool" or worldy, or perhaps you really believe it, thats really not the point anyhow. Jackson paid millions to get the parents and child to shut up. This does not look like your innocent, instead it makes you seem like a sleazy bribe giving bastard. Not only was it stupid, it also set him up for similar black mail. Now if we assume, just for a moment, that this is blackmail, that does not mean that this is a completely untrue case. Its not impossible the parents knew he was a child molester and sent their kid there to get molested so they could get a hefty pay off. Child molestation in most cases tends to be an addiction, something the molester feels he MUST do over and over, this would explain why Jackson didn't wise up after the first one. I do believe this WAS a blackmail attempt against Jackson but I also believe Jackson is a child molester. In the previous case he actuallly had alot going for him. In the court of law in molestation cases if its childs word vs adults word the adult wins, hands down, its been shown over and over again, what they needed was real evidence. They aparently had enough to get a search warrant. Jackson also belonged to a minority group, he was famous,and he had lots and lots of money. All of this would help him win a case without any trouble much less costing him so many millions. Childs word vs adults word+money+fame+racial minority=Jackson wins. I have a feeling Jackson got spooked because he KNEW they had the evidence to get him sent to jail.

As for the parents, in my opinion put them in jail for child endangerment and possibly black mail if they can manage that too. Any fool who sends their kid to the house who admits he has kids in bed with him is guilty of child endangerment, they deserve to spend time contemplating their actions as well.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>