Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2003, 07:12 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
With all her faults we love her still
I've never met an Aussie who would admit to this Leonis!!!!!!!!!
(except Memnoch of course)

ROTFLMFAO!!!

What was wrong with 'God save the Queen'?

It still works for me!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-13-2003, 07:17 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
I really like the currant national anthem Leonis. Just compare it to that morbid dirge that NZ has. However a couple of the verses could do with being lost. I posted a thread similar to this about a year ago and Donut made special mention of the second verse!

Now as for the flag [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] dont get me started [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I have some doubts about you in the back of my head wellard! You are more Australian than any Australian I've ever met. Just how far does your Australian heritage go back? I've got an itch that I can't scratch that your parents moved from Britain to Australia when you were young and that your anti-englishness is exagerated to make up for lost time

Nothing wrong with being anti-english BTW - it kinda makes me feel that little bit special!!

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

I actually like our anthem a lot. As you point out, it's cheerful, doesn't mention anywhere about deities saving our land/leaders and it's not too long. Last night I heard the Japenese anthem at the rugby - I dunno if it was the way they played it but it was so dreary and slow and depressing! And I think the Russian one is in a minor key!! How uninspiring [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Some anthems are not just written to be sung by a soloist. I think that both the US and UK anthems sound daft when they are sung that way. They should be belted out by a large group for full effect.

I hate the way the anthems are done in the RWC! The sound of the music drowns out the crowd. I hope they get it sorted before the final! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I much prefer Land of Hope & Glory to God Save the Queen!

[ 10-13-2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
Old 10-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #14
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I vote for Men At Work's Down Under.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I vote for Men At Work's Down Under.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Or "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo"

Skippy. Skippy. Skippy the bush kangaroo
Skippy. Skippy. Skippy your friend ever true
Old 10-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #16
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

This gets my vote - it's deeper and more profound than most Australian songs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2003, 05:12 PM   #17
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

The best National Anthem around:

Everyone
Everyone around here
Everyone is so near
It's holding on
It's holding on

Everyone
Everyone is so near
Everyone has got the fear
It's holding on
It's holding on

It's holding on
It's holding on
It's holding on

Now lets see who knows what the hell I'm talking about... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 10-13-2003, 06:00 PM   #18
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL Yeh I'd have to agree with Down under by Men at Work...

I like france's national anthem
Old 10-14-2003, 07:27 AM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I have some doubts about you in the back of my head wellard! You are more Australian than any Australian I've ever met. Just how far does your Australian heritage go back? I've got an itch that I can't scratch that your parents moved from Britain to Australia when you were young and that your anti-englishness is exagerated to make up for lost time

Nothing wrong with being anti-english BTW - it kinda makes me feel that little bit special!!

Yes my parents are British and damn my wallace and grommitt accent [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

But if you had being paying close attention to my posts on this Forum you and Davros would have already know that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And to keep this on track .... go Australia for the cup [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-14-2003, 07:33 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Yes my parents are British and damn my wallace and grommitt accent [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

But if you had being paying close attention to my posts on this Forum you and Davros would have already know that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And to keep this on track .... go Australia for the cup [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
I did know that you are British - I was surreptitiously alerting other members!