Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2003, 07:07 AM   #41
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Oh yea, forgot about web space size, guess it would slow things down eh? Well, I don't care anyway, just thought it was kind of silly is all, and by the way Ziroc, how dare you say that I am a mean person of all people. Words hurt, you know [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ps- This sig size any better?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:09 AM   #42
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
That and there are a lot of members who dislike scrolling through tons of text in a sig just to see the next post. If everyone did longer text sigs as they used to do in some cases, it makes the pages cumbersome to navigate.
It's also the reason why I only sporadically use my signature in the first place... And I try to avoid using my sig more than once per page, in any way.

[ 03-10-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 03-10-2003, 07:13 AM   #43
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:

Groj, can´t you ask Dk very nicely to put your sig text in your sig picture? You know, like the one Calaethis has? Or like the one Dk is showing at the moment. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nah, not really my style... I prefer taking out the cuddly Saddam/Bush picture alltogether over that. As soon as I can find a "catchier" way to rephrase my sig, I'll change it; for now, I'll just don't or hardly use it when I post a message, then.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:23 AM   #44
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

But I'm not joking when I say this. I knew a guy back in an old game called StarSiege that's still around I think, heh, it's been around for the past 6 years online. Anyway, I knew a guy that went into the forums and he had a signature a page long, because he had the "best" quotes from all of his friends... though I never got on it, but I don't know why I didn't with my charming personality
Old 03-10-2003, 07:35 AM   #45
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Groj, over in Wizards and Warriors, Wyvern asked people to use their sigs once per page in threads so as to keep the pages clean for people searching for answers to game questions. It seemed to work pretty well. Z doesn't expect that of all the forums though. But you have shown once again, you are a courteous and thoughtful person! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #46
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Arrow

So, what about me?

*rupert, shut up!*
Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #47
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Groj, over in Wizards and Warriors, Wyvern asked people to use their sigs once per page in threads so as to keep the pages clean for people searching for answers to game questions. It seemed to work pretty well. Z doesn't expect that of all the forums though. But you have shown once again, you are a courteous and thoughtful person! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just a small correction since the W&W board is my homestead. We allow one graphic sig/thread. If you only have text it doesn´t matter. That has nothing to do with scrolling, merely out of respect for Wyvern since she (and everyone else that) is stuck with a modem. Oh and it works very well indeed, no seemed about it. LOL!

BUT why not implement the same in here? Is it really necessary to show your sig 10 times in a thread?

And a question to Ziroc (if you check this thread again) or Cloudy. Is it possible to change the "Show signature" box from being checked as default? You would then have to check the box to show your sig. Wouldn´t that be better? Perhaps there is a lot of work involved with that change... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-10-2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 03-10-2003, 08:24 AM   #48
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just a small correction since the W&W board is my homestead. We allow one graphic sig/thread. If you only have text it doesn´t matter. That has nothing to do with scrolling, merely out of respect for Wyvern since she (and everyone else that) is stuck with a modem. Oh and it works very well indeed, no seemed about it. LOL!

BUT why not implement the same in here? Is it really necessary to show your sig 10 times in a thread?

And a question to Ziroc (if you check this thread again) or Cloudy. Is it possible to change the "Show signature" box from being checked as default? You would then have to check the box to show your sig. Wouldn´t that be better? Perhaps there is a lot of work involved with that change... [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I think the new version of UBB will have this feature. Also, in the new version, I will be able to set rules on Sigs, and the forum will not allow anything beyond a specified size--which is awesome!

I agree with Wyvern. It's only prudent to have your sig shown 1 time in a thread. But as of yet, we don't enforce that here.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 03-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #49
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm.. I don´t know if this is a bad idea or not.. but if shold minimize our signatures.. how about only using avatars and a small text to the left of the posts?

Granted, you won´t be a super red purple durple dragon ever by posting then but we might save some space???

Goes back to frantic work..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 03-10-2003, 09:18 AM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the info, Willow! I don't hang out there much these days, but I did remember that with picture sigs.

Z, Oh that's right, the new upgrade to the board software is coming out! Cool about the sig controls!