Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 12:29 PM   #21
Legolas
Jack Burton

Well, I used to hit my sister on occasion, but then she had long, sharp nails/claws and wasn't afraid to employ those either

Other than that, the closest thing to a person I ever hit was a punching bag, although on occasion I really do feel like hurting someone who keeps annoying me. So I tell them that I am not far from hitting them, and they laugh [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 12:31 PM   #22
Lord Shield

Just for the record, I have never struck a woman outside of martila sparring, nor would I ever do so.

In fact, my brother once did so some years back. The girl he was seeing had turneed off his PC at plug becuase he was ignoring her. He hit her. I saw this and laid him out

and God help anyone that tries to hit anybody I'm dating LOL!!!

Old 08-25-2002, 12:34 PM   #23
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I don't normally hit people much (not properly fighting-wise that is) but even then, I just don't hit women, could be for a great many reasons, may not be logical, I just don't.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well I've hit someone but its been awhile. Around five years ago at a playoff game between Carolina and the Dallas Cowboys (we won [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I got into a fight with a cowboy fan. When I saw it was going to be a fight (he was definitly coming at me) I went for the "first strike" and broke a pair of binoculours over his head. He hit me back, I hit him several times and then as we were being pulled apart I went ahead and kicked him in the nuts [img]smile.gif[/img] It was not a fight I started or wanted but hey I fight to win.
I never hit a woman or child and dont see why I ever would. Although I did hit my sister when we were kids and my daddy spanked me for it
Old 08-25-2002, 12:51 PM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Aaaaaaaargh..... the nuts !!!! It's all over then. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 01:07 PM   #26
MagiK

There is no such thing as a "fair fight" Fights you fight to win because the consequences could be dire.....Boxing and other sports have rules. Fights have no rules [img]smile.gif[/img] In my definition that is [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 01:09 PM   #27
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
There is no such thing as a "fair fight" Fights you fight to win because the consequences could be dire.....Boxing and other sports have rules. Fights have no rules [img]smile.gif[/img] In my definition that is [img]smile.gif[/img]
not quite true
Boxing has rules IN THE RING. Outside of that there are none

I would nto be against, for instance, if a huge guy came my way, snogging him to distract him then breaking his kneecaps

but i prefer not to inflict such damage

Old 08-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #28
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
not quite true
Boxing has rules IN THE RING. Outside of that there are none

I would nto be against, for instance, if a huge guy came my way, snogging him to distract him then breaking his kneecaps

but i prefer not to inflict such damage
[/QUOTE]Well If I see the big guy coming I prefer to run away [img]smile.gif[/img]
but if ya can't run away, you better win the fight [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 01:40 PM   #29
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
My ex-wife broke my nose, once, and that's one of the reasons that she is my ex. I was trying to block her, and was succeeding, when she got me with a left hook. But, no, Melusine, I did not hit her back, and never did. I got into fights in junior high, like most kids, but never since then. As for kids, a quick spat if they aren't responding is all that I would condone, as "Time-Out" worked well with Carson, er, Piestrider, and is working on Will.
Sounds a lot like my situation with my ex. In my case I did eventually end up striking her. Im not proud of that, and I have never hit another woman. I managed to block all her punches but didnt pay enough attention to her feet....she nailed Big Jim and the twins and broke my little finger (a late attempt to block). I dont like the fact that I hit her, but I have to admit that in the same situation I would probably do it again. Err Time outs never seemed to work on my kids...they are rather stubborn.[/QUOTE]Will, and Carson in his time, seem to take "time-out" as a personal insult. They always cry more at that than if I spanked them. Yeah, my ex- was very volatile. Drugs and alcohol, I'm afraid. One of the greatest moments of my life, the day I got the final decree. And then I met Galadria, and life immediately got better.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:42 PM   #30
Deathcow
Elminster

Kicked him in the nuts? Argh! That should only be used when its not fair. I'd never kick any guy there unless he did it to me first or there was more than one person attacking me.