Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #31
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Okay, but nothing long-winded.

The N-Tazz: A wholly robotic race, created about 200 years ago when the residents of a planet called Naethli designed artificial intelligences and battle machines to fight their civil wars for them. The machines did their job too well: They kept fighting long after all their masters had perished in the conflict. Eventually, one AI managed to defeat or assimilate all the others, and continued to follow its programming: Seek out and destroy all possible enemies of its own particular city-state (which of course no longer exists).

"Carrier-type" unit (rough equivalent of a Dropship/Overlord/Shuttle): The Mothership. Has a capacity of up to 8 Small-size units, automatically spends resources to repair damaged units while in transit, and can land directly atop mineral and gas nodes to harvest them of its own accord. Upon landing at a suitable site, a Mothership can transform into a Colony Core, the foundation of all N-Tazz bases. This conversion process is irreversible.

The Kaliestri: Pacifist residents of the planet Naethli who fled from the civil war before it erupted into world-swallowing conflict, these creatures set out to wander the stars and find a new homeworld, until they were set upon by one of the relentlessly encroaching Zerg Broods. They fled from the onslaught of the Swarm, and in so doing, encountered survivors of other sentient races who were doing the same: The G'Hibad, Uturu, Raertak and Lurinates all formed a loose coalition with the Kaliestri, who became the de facto leaders of the Collective, as their psionic abilities were really what allowed the alien races to work toward a common goal. Their united plan: Gather resources and become strong once again, in order to force back the Zerg. As each race thinks itself to be the last survivors of its species, they believe that they have a greater right to survive than any other race that happens to get in their way.

"Carrier-type" unit: Female Lurinates are known as Ladens, due to their habit of carrying their hatchlings in their brood chambers long after birth. Ladens have a carrying capacity of up to 4 Small-size units, and like all Lurinates gradually build up bioelectric charge in organs of specialized muscle tissue. This charge can be released in a localized blast of ball lightning that protects the Laden from Scourges and things like Psionic Storm, and after researching the Electrostatics upgrade, Ladens can also fire their lightning at single targets, doing considerable damage from quite a distance away.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #32
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

You'd have to change the name of "Mothership", that's already a protoss unit in SC2.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:49 AM   #33
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, that's danged rude of them. What gall, giving their unit a name that I was thinking of using. Somebody ought to teach Blizzard some manners. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #34
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I'm with ya on that one, like when they extend the game release all the time. And what ever happened to those two little games, Starcraft Nova, and Lord of the Clans I think it was called.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #35
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I'm with ya on that one, like when they extend the game release all the time. And what ever happened to those two little games, Starcraft Nova, and Lord of the Clans I think it was called.
Nova is the name of the Novel based on the main character in Starcraft Ghost
There were many problems with ghost, the entire development team quit after a fight with Blizzard (Blizzard were not the main developers) and after they finally found a team to develope it, it just got delayed and delayed as they changed which consoles they were going to use...

Lord of the clans did not meet Blizzards "Game realease standard" so they decided to can it rather than bring out a crappy game, which is dissapointing but probably a better choice...
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Actually, he said that the Z/P will probably make an appearance, and even be of importance, but won't be an actual race. Kinda like the Nagas in W3.
Oh, and I see another Battlezone 2 fan here! W00t!
Here's crossing my fingers for a BZ3 some day!

It's dissapointing that they've already ruled out a fourth race, I hope the reconsider before the game goes live. I do, of course, realize that SC will rock either way, but a fourth race adds that much more diversity and challenge to the game...
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote