Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2000, 10:19 PM   #1
Thaske

How can you give rangers spells? For quite a while Kivan has had a few open slots for memorization, but I have no idea how to recieve more spells for my priests or rangers. How is this done? Is there a way?
Old 07-02-2000, 04:23 AM   #2
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

Rangers receive Druid spells at a certain level (level , just as Paladins receive Clerical spells at level 9. I don't know what level Kivan is with you. Also I don't know his WIS-stat. It may be too low (although I don't think so).

In addition, you might find it interesting to know that the multiclass Cleric/Ranger is able to cast all Druid- and Clerical spells. I've got a C/R maxed out, and he's able to cast all these spells (although there seems to be a minor bug - he's Ranger level 7, but still able to cast the Druid spells).

Hope this helps,

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 07-02-2000, 04:24 AM   #3
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

WTF? level 8 ranger! no f*cking four-eyed smiley

Old 07-02-2000, 10:50 AM   #4
Thaske

I dont know what level he is, but when I check on the "priest scroll" button, he has one open slot (probably because of high wisdom). Anyway, my question mostly lies in the fact that I have no idea how priests, druids, rangers, or paladins GET new spells.
Old 07-02-2000, 01:02 PM   #5
Azreall

Bhaaltje, I agree, Druids recieve spells every level, MC druids (*****/Duids) gain new spells at some levels.

Lvl 8 ? Do you think that's much ??? I remember my Minsc being a L10 ranger.

BTW, do you know where the hell Adhrael is ??? He's been gone for a few day's and I'm starting to miss him.

Dablo and Zuk Zuk
Old 07-02-2000, 01:28 PM   #6
Petrarcus ap Bhaal

Clerics, Druids, Rangers and Paladins just GET spells at a certain level. The level is determined by the AD&D rules. The number of spells you can memorize is determined by your WIS-score. Remember that you can allways cast spells from scrolls (no matter what level you are).

And Azreall: I don't have a clue where our Spanish friend is... I guess your post should get his attention.

Petrarcus ap Bhaal.
Old 07-03-2000, 09:14 AM   #7
Azreall

O shit I remember, He's re-installing Win so he can play NOX.

You're right about the scrolls, but if you're a L1 wizard and you try to cast F.E. cloudkill from a scroll there's a high failure chance.
Old 07-04-2000, 09:13 AM   #8
Opus

Those classes get spells from their gods. Apparently gods like wise people more than fools, hence extra spells.
Old 07-09-2000, 10:40 PM   #9
wolfman_th82

i guess im the new person on this thing. Anyway, i have got my characters up to levels 5/6 and have nearly completed chapter 3. I have gone through and scoured the bandit camp twice. After i get all that done, i go talk to the flaming fist mercenary in the jovial juggler. If i try to save after that, i get an error message and lose my saved game for the day. I have to go back and complete everything over again. Did any of you have this problem, and was it fixed by any patches? The error was on line 7779 by the way.
Old 07-11-2000, 10:14 AM   #10
Moggl

it's..... the G.V.B!!!!

erm....

yes, the patch fixes that. Also, make sure you have at least 64 MB RAM in your comp.

er... I'm in a silly mood today, excuse me while I stick my head in a blender....