Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

(At first i'd like in advance to apologise for any bad typing, but fever has drained a temporary dexterity point.)

Ok,I have this custom party made entirely from half-orcs (two barbarians, a berserker, a thief, a Talassan priest and a fighter.

I want to take out Kangaxx because i want his Ring(s) of the Ram. Still I have a bit cold feet about the whole thing. Is it possible to beat Kangie with a no- mage party without suffering losses to Imprisonments. As I have no mage abilities I cannot undo that spell (why couldn't Freedom scrolls be green?).
Old 03-17-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Your going to need to use cheese here.

Protection from undead scroll will work, but it must be cast *after* he is beaten the first time. Otherwise, it will interfere with his script and he will never die.

Protection from Magic will also work, and wont cause any bugs.

Both are available, in limited quanities, from the adventurers mart.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

This should be easy.

Scoot most of your party to an out of the way corner.

Have your Barbarians go Berserk.

Start smashing.

Kangaxx does not have a Ring of the Ram. A RotM however, is useful for blowing Kangaxx to bits.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:54 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Having your Barbarians go Berserk will very quickly result in Imprisoned Barbarians.

How many times to I have to say it: The Berserker's Rage grants immunity to Imprisonment, but the Barbarian's does NOT.

Your current party has NO way to counter multiple Imprisonments, and until your Thief gets Use Any Item, they never will. The only things you can do are PfU and/or PfM scrolls.

As Butterfingers said, you'll get no Ring of the Ram from this fight. I don't know what he meant by RotM, though.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #5
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ooops my bad. RoTR. I guess I needed more coffee at the time.

I could have swore that Barbarian Rage offered protection from Imprisonment.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm, so did everyone else miss the fact that he actually has a Berserker? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Enrage him, and if you have Imp Kangaxx, make sure everyone else stays the hell out of there. He'll be protected from the Imprisonments for one turn, so you have that much time to destroy him with the +4 Weapon of your choice.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:47 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

What I'm worried about, regarding Improved Kangaxx:

Normal Kangaxx will try to Imprison the closest enemy he can see, whether they're immune or not. Characters that cannot protect themselves can simply stand back a bit and used ranged weapons (such as the Sling of Everard or the Cloak of the Stars), or stay out of the fight altogether, while 1 person with immunity takes Tank duty.

Improved Kangaxx, however, might select only targets that are NOT immune, or choose his targets randomly, which means you'll have to protect your ENTIRE party. Not an easy task, especally when you consider that he spawns in the center of the room, and therefore has the whole place (which is a "you-must-gather-your-party" area) in his line of sight.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:14 PM   #8
jamalez
The Magister

question:

When Minsc goes beserk does he get confused everytime?
Old 03-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I did mean Ring of Gaxx(es). Confused it with another pickpocket exploit.

Alas, my other CD drive (the one that wasn't stolen) refuses to read CD3 (It is a DVD drive).
Old 03-17-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

It is actually possible to position your party out of Kangaxx sight SixOfSpades. I would never have been able to kill Imp Kangaxx with all my members intact with any of my three recent parties had it not been for that fact [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moving your entire party, except the Berserker, as deep into the corner you start in and then enraging your Berserker should work. Use right-click to be able to move your party further in than what the left button would allow you to. The entrance itself also has quite some space and you should be able to cram two people in there as well.

[ 03-17-2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]