Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2002, 02:06 PM   #71
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by K T Ong:
Well, there you go. Can't dismiss out of hand the possibility that ancient civilizations might have attained to a high level of scientific and technological knowhow.

I've also read of certain areas in India and/or Peru where ruins were located which showed unusually high levels of radiation; also found in those places were rocks or masonry which had been vitrified -- turned to glass. Now from what I've read, rock vitrification requires extremely high temperatures which can only be generated in nuclear reactions and not in chemical combustion. What could have happened -- a local small-scale nuclear war?

Just something to ponder on...
Actually, Vitrification does not take a nuclear reaction...regular old glass is vitrified sand. Now if you were talking about a whole 50kiloton granite building stone being vitrified well that would be something else [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh and yes I do play freedom force on occasion [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-30-2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]