Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 05:10 PM   #21
Nydlari
Manshoon

Has anyone checked the 3rd edition rules to see if Improved Invisiblity works like it was meant to in IWD2? If it works as it was written, then it isn't a cheat, exploit, or cheap...it's a tactic that works well against the DM (the programers in this case). The DM simply needs to make better use of there available resources to counter this tactic (Search, Purge, AE).

BTW: Someone had stated that their wasn't a good way to dispell Imp. Inv. in the game, what about Invisibility Purge?
Nydlari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 06:09 PM   #22
Jellyfish
Dungeon Master

As far as i concerned, the improved invisiblity is different in the 3e and the game.The rule is not at my feet, but I remember that the improved invisiblity can only make it harder for your opponents to hit you. You opponent can spot you by sound or footsteps etc..
Old 10-24-2002, 08:34 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:

Sleeping is also the most unreallistic aspect of the game. How can you sleep 8 hours in an enemies's stronghold without being seen, and without them ever moving either?
I dunno. There are enemies that wake you up constantly in some places and you can't sleep. Like in the severed hand. I think rest until healed is a bit much though. Sleeping a whole day without being disturbed is pretty unrealistic.

I think the most unrealistic sleep situation which I don't use because it's so stupid is when you meet someone and you can ask them to look over you while you sleep and you don't get interrupted. Like the woman ranger outside the horde fortress. Apparently one half-dead ranger is going to somehow keep the hordes ot goblins and orcs that disturb you if you sleep next to her but not 'under her eye' at bay. Uh-huh
Old 10-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #24
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Improved invis is supposed to keep you invisible until your first action the you are supposed to be partialy visible and only visible to the keen of eye or sum such garbage... But in the new patch its just the same as visible once you make a move, accept that you LOOK invisible. They cant have it both ways. They are making the spell less useful than Reg. Invis. but with a higher casting time. I call shananagins upon the IWD2 crew!
Old 10-25-2002, 10:55 AM   #25
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

The post-patched II is better than the normal invisibility spell. The enemy still suffer a miss chance after you attack. For the II spell in PHB it doesn't state the rule very clear. Something like 'same as invisibility spell but you don't become visible after you attack or cast spell'. So the spell implied in IWD2 is not actually wrong. What is bugged is the AI of monsters. How can anyone just stand there doing nothing when his body was constandly wounded?
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote