Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 03:02 PM   #1
Meth
Welcomed New User

Ok, so I killed the guy in the cave, we through the tree limb, killed this and that, summoned the guardion, killed the guardian, killed the hordes of creatures while protecting the heartstone, went to the Dragons Eye, killed some stuff and now I'm stuck. Anyone know where to go?
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Um, could you be a little bit more specific Meth. You've got the Heartstone Gem already have you? If so, go back to Kuldahar and Arundel will advise you.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:49 AM   #3
Manny
Welcomed New User

I think he is specific enough. He is not talking about icewind dale 1, but about icewind dale 2. (Arundel is about 30 years dead in icewind dale 2) Meth is talking about chapter 4, where you have to go into a portal on the kuldahar tree, slay a lot of yuan-ti's and their guardian, a big dragon. When finished with that, you return and a whole horde will attack the heartstone. After about the 5th, 6th wave of enemies, they stop coming and you talk to iselore. Then you leave to dragon eye, kill a lot of frost salamanders and a sorcerer/wizard/something. Normally, I think, you would enter the cave, but that's where also my problem lies: I can't enter the cave, my cursor doesn't change into a wheel or a stairs.
So if anyone knows what the problem is, please reply. If you don't know, the mapcode for the first floor in dragon eye could be helpful, so I could teleport to it.

Also, I found a curious spot on this map. It's before the bridge is crossed. There are a few stakes in the ground, both left and right from the bridge. The ones left contain a warning, but the one to the right is strange: the cursor changes to the one to pick something up. When I do that, there doesn't happen anything. Any ideas??
Old 10-22-2002, 07:23 AM   #4
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Manshoon

the dragon eye is maybe the most annoying place in the game

there are so many places where u can stuck - so it's really hard without more information

1st time i got stuck there was the prison

SPOILER
at level 1 of the cave there is a prison far to the south
u can spoke to someone through a door - but no way to open it ...

there is a small torture chamber to the north one device shows a wheel just use it ( NO HIGHLIGHT THERE!)
Old 10-22-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The pole on the right side of the path is used to turn off the traps. Since you already sprung those, the pole won't work now

Dunno why you're having trouble getting into the cave. You can't really kill Izbelah at this time. She teleports away and leaves some stuff behind. After that you should be able to get in.

You may want to try this again by going back to an earlier save (you should have an auto-save from just before heading to DE). I've never had a problem here, but a couple of times, weird things happened to me in the Ice Temple that were cleared up by quitting to desktop and reloading.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:24 AM   #6
Manny
Welcomed New User

Mmm, I think that is the problem.
I shot Izbela with three of my party members. Every time she tried a spell, it was disrupted. So maybe she didn't got a chance to get away.
But it does not seem very logical, that I can't enter dragons cave, if I killed her. Shouldn't the cave always be open??
Old 10-23-2002, 05:50 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

No, she is a critical character to the game, if she die, you won't be able to complete the game.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:21 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

On the other hand, I've heard that if you kill a plot-critical NPC, the game ends and tells you not to do that

I know some people thought they killed her because she leaves some items behind when she teleports away. Even so, the cave entry should be open after she leaves.

Of course, given the game's bugginess, one is never really sure of these things. Best bet is probably to restore and try this encounter again.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote