Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
quietman1920

Rush Limbaugh today admits that he's addicted to powerful drugs. Observers not surprised, details at 11.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/...ugh/index.html

*Side effects of OxyContin may include dizzyness, nausea, or an audience that's split between the two. In clinical studies, racists may develop Big Fat Heads, experience Severe Bloating and exibit Verbal Diarrhea. Your judgement may be impaired while taking OxyContin. Publishing factually acurate books may be difficult while taking OxyContin. In studies, dry mouth occurred as often as sugar-pill.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:31 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Is this not the same drug that Jack osbourne was addicted to as well?

To bad for Rush any kind of addiction is not a fun thing. Hope he pulls through.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
*Side effects of OxyContin may include dizzyness, nausea, or an audience that's split between the two. In clinical studies, racists may develop Big Fat Heads, experience Severe Bloating and exibit Verbal Diarrhea. Your judgement may be impaired while taking OxyContin. Publishing factually acurate books may be difficult while taking OxyContin. In studies, dry mouth occurred as often as sugar-pill.

Eeemmmm... these sound like great symptoms! Where can I get this drug?! [img]graemlins/1drunk.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

OC's are a prescription medication. Attalus or Willow might know better about the price, but I think they're like $2-4/pill (depending on dosage) w/ prescription. On the street they go for about $60 to $80 a pill if you're getting the high dosage ones. I have a cousin who I am sure is addicted to various pain medication -- OC's are her favorite by far. I took one once and was messed up, but not THAT messed up. I don't get it. It's nowhere near as powerful as LSD, but it is an opiate. From what I could tell, OC's could get you into trouble because you can semi-function on them, meaning you could become a "functional addict" who abused all the time without others knowing too much.

The thing about the OC is it's what pill junkies call a nerve pill -- the nerve pill/ muscle pill being an essential distiction it prescription drugs.

OC was on the cover of Time magazine in a 2001 issue (forget which one) as a big new drug issue to watch out for.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:46 AM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Sounds like the Hollywood Left like Al Frankin and Tim Robbins are serious users of the stuff.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #6
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Hmmm, I believe Oxycontin is a serious pain medication in pill form that is designed to be be dispersed in the body over the course of 24 hours. I don't think it is generally addictive in this form. However, addicts modify it either by crushing it and shooting it up or smoking it (I think this is what I've heard), and then get the whole effect in one big bang instead of slow and steady. Unfortunately, it is much more harmful to the body that way, as that was obviously not what it was intended for.

So, basically, Rush is treating Oxycontin like crack, huh? Figures.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #7
quietman1920

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Sounds like the Hollywood Left like Al Frankin and Tim Robbins are serious users of the stuff.
While that may be true, they haven't made these statements:

"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

"If(Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

So, anyone in London volunteering to take Rush? Going once... Going twice...
Old 10-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
While that may be true, they haven't made these statements:

"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."

"If(Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

So, anyone in London volunteering to take Rush? Going once... Going twice...
[/QUOTE]While I am for the legalization of some drugs and disagree with those stances to some degree, I'll note that the rest of what he's said in these statements is true. They were made before his addiction began as well.

It's not like he was going out to get high and got addicted from parting too much. If that is proven to be true during the investigation, it will certainly change my opinion of these developments, but I know it's far too common an occurrence for people who are legitimately prescribed medications to become addicted.