Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I have read several mixed reviews by both professional writers and players concerning this add-on with most of the criticism aimed at the fact that it costs $30.00 and yet can be played in only a matter of hours, plus there isn't really that much more added to the overall play. This doesn't seem like money well spent. The cost to time ratio seems paltry. So, what are your opinions? Should I wait until a price drop? Should I get it now because______? You fill in the blank. Thanks ahead of time!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 06:58 PM   #2
Khanar
Manshoon

It's hard to say. Depends on how you play the game. Took me about two weeks because I wasn't playing alot at each sitting, and I didn't play everyday. But it did add alot of nice additions to the regular game, plus you can get the free downloadable expansion that requires HoW, and it has some handy things like the Bag of Holding in it. so I would justify buying it. Plus, it's not as expensive anymore as it was.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Khanar: Plus, it's not as expensive anymore as it was.[/B]
Thanks, Khanar, for the feedback. Just what was the original cost, do you remember?

Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 11:38 PM   #4
Khanar
Manshoon

I paid $29.99 plus tax for my copy, but I got it the first or second week it was out. You can get it for less now if you look around though.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 10:31 PM   #5
Alaric
Manshoon

It was worth the money. I bought and installed Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter at the same time. I really enjoyed the new abilities, spells and features and believe they enhanced the original game. When I got to the areas in Heart of Winter, I could see why people were disappointed. It did not take along time to finish and some of the fights were montonous. Some of the weaknesses of HoW have been countered with the free downloadable dungeon. I really enjoyed this dungeon and it raises the overall value of HoW - it expands the game time as well as adjust the encounters to fit your character's level. I barely made it out alive.

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote