Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
AEON
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can you buy houses, like in Daggerfall?
Also, is there a place I can store my stuff, when I cant carry anymore stuff, without the items disapearing?

I know that , you can store your stuff in your own house in game: Daggerfall

Thank You,

AEON
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:46 AM   #2
Lox
Manshoon

There are mods you can download that give you a house to store your stuff in. From what I've heard on this board the most popular one is called "House on a Hill." Try looking in past threads, the mod and its location have been mentioned many times.

As for a place to leave your stuff, I use a couple. In Vivec, in the Foreign Quarter plaza I have a Master's set of Alchemical equipment, a huge pile of ingredients and a bunch of soul gems sitting on the ground behind one of the planters. No one has touched them yet and they've been there for several game days, maybe weeks. I don't think anyone would take them if they were out in the open, but I like hiding them back in the corner.

The other place I stashed stuff is in one of the farm houses between Vivec and Suran. When I first came across this area, I was in my potion making phase. I thought, "This is great, look at all this verdant farmland. Here I can grow all the ingredients I need, every couple weeks make a trip to Vivec to sell potions." So I picked a fight with a farmer and took his house and marshmerrow farm. Later I found out he was the guy to see about getting marshmerrow for the imperial cult, but oh well, I found some without his help. So now I have a stash of alchemical ingredients in his house. Of course, I don't work the farm anymore. It turns out that farming is not quite as exciting as adventuring. And so many of the cool ingredients come from creatures.

I've heard that some containers will "repopulate" with their original contents, but I haven't witnessed this. In the farmhouse, I keep all my stuff in one crate and it hasn't disappeared yet. It has been in there for a long time too. I hope I don't lose it. I've got a lot of gems in there.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
Absynthe

This site, here has an excellent list of mods and information. There are several house mods from mansions full of stuff to smaller houses that you have to purchase in-game. I use the Balmora House mod, and really like it.
Good Luck.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:51 AM   #4
Lord Denman
Welcomed New User

Only a LITTLE off-topic...

If you like buying houses... you should play Ultima Online. Its has the same general basis as EverQuest... which has the same general basis as Morrowind...
Old 08-04-2002, 06:05 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Denman:
Only a LITTLE off-topic...

If you like buying houses... you should play Ultima Online. Its has the same general basis as EverQuest... which has the same general basis as Morrowind...
Not really. UO and EQ have the point of gaining levels and getting stronger in an online world populated with thousands of other players. MW has the point of exploring and adventuring in the world of Tamriel.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:50 AM   #6
AEON
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lord Denman, As I stated before, in the game Daggerfall, you can buy ships, houses, and etc, so you can store and sleep in your own place, plus it had banks to invest money to help keep it safe, and earn interest, but what I was asking, was about buying houses to store stuff, which seems Bethseba left out of the game, seems they left Banks out of it too.

I wasnt asking anything about any other game, as I am in Morrowind forum, so please take your stupid remarks somewhere else.

Next time, dont say anything, if you want to be a smarta$$

You should read those forum rules again.
This one example here, can get you banned from forum, if you keep it up.

I see you are new to the forum, so I can forgive you this time.

But, please read those rules, and be more consideriate to others, when making replys.

Thank You,

AEON

PS - perhaps you didnt mean to be that way; If you didnt, then I'm sorry.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:51 AM   #7
AEON
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everyone that has helped me,

Thank you,

AEON
Old 08-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #8
Staffin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just store all my stuff in the bottom of the castle Ebonheart by the shrine room
Staffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 05:06 PM   #9
Recluse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON:
Lord Denman, As I stated before, in the game Daggerfall, you can buy ships, houses, and etc, so you can store and sleep in your own place, plus it had banks to invest money to help keep it safe, and earn interest, but what I was asking, was about buying houses to store stuff, which seems Bethseba left out of the game, seems they left Banks out of it too.

I wasnt asking anything about any other game, as I am in Morrowind forum, so please take your stupid remarks somewhere else.

Next time, dont say anything, if you want to be a smarta$$

You should read those forum rules again.
This one example here, can get you banned from forum, if you keep it up.

I see you are new to the forum, so I can forgive you this time.

But, please read those rules, and be more consideriate to others, when making replys.

Thank You,

AEON

PS - perhaps you didnt mean to be that way; If you didnt, then I'm sorry.
a lot of that was a lil unecessary IMO... relax
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:03 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I keep my stuff in the caves underneath Ebonheart. There's a level 900 hidden and locked door so there's no chance of anybody getting in and taking my stored glass weaponry. + I keep my expensive stuff on a certain mudcrab. I keep a mark next to him and can teleport to him to buy back my items anytime I should need them. If you want to know how to get to the caves under ebonheart here's a clue:

I'm everywhere, but a drop of me you cannot drink, I'm powerfull, so powerfull I make dragonhide look bleak, I'm supported by metal, I sleep with the fish, If you can unhinge me, this place is delish, I contain the devil's samurai sword, and God's greatest chest, there are two paths which lead to one, take the north one, I guess?